BIOSTEP Dressings are a Collagen Matrix Dressing that promotes wound closure while maintaining an optimal moist wound environment. BIOSTEP is manufactured by Smith & Nephew, a respected medical supply company for wound dressings. Smith & Nephew BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix Dressing targets and deactivates excess MMPs and has a 6-day wear time for prolonged control of the wound environment. This highly conformable Smith & Nephew Collagen Dressing is easy to apply. BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix Dressing gelling actions provide a cooling, soothing effect for enhanced patient comfort. Smith & Nephew BIOSTEP is also available with a silver dressing option called the BIOSTEP Ag Collegen Dressing. This Collegen Silver Dressing combines the anti-MMP activity and functionality of BIOSTEP with the antibacterial activity of silver to help maintain bacterial balance for contaminated and colonized wounds.
BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix provides for the management of full-thickness and partial-thickness acute and chronic wounds including the following:
- Pressure ulcers.
- Diabetic ulcers.
- Ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies.
- Venous ulcers.
- First and second degree burns.
- Donor/graft sites.
- Dehisced surgical wounds.
- Traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention.
Smith & Nephew BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix Features & Benefits
- Dual-Action MMP targeting & deactivation.
- BIOSTEP contains both type 1 and denatured (gelatin) porcine-derived collagen. Collagen matrix attracts and serves as sacrificial substrates for a broad array of MMPs which are found in excess within, and contribute to the chronicity of, chronic wounds.
- MMP Deactivation component contains EDTA (a proven MMP modulating agent) which permanently deactivates excess MMPs, providing prolonged, targeted MMP control without altering the activity of essential growth factors.
- Contributes to a longer wear time.
- CMC within dressing gels on contact with moisture providing improved patient comfort by creating a soothing, cooling effect upon application.
- Provides up to a 6-day wear time, requiring fewer dressing changes and prolonged control of wound environment.
- CMC within dressing adds structure for easy application when moist. Highly conformable to ensure close contact with wound bed. Alginate absorbs a high level of exudate away from the wound bed to the secondary dressing maintaining an optimal moisture balance for wound closure.
Smith & Nephew BIOSTEP Collagen Matrix Dressing Specifications
- Size Options: 2 x 2 Inch and 4 x 4 Inch
- Dressing Options: Collegen or Ag Collengen with Silver
- HCPCS code: A6012
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Smith & Nephew Ships Free No
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $15.79
Starting at: $26.84
Starting at: $10.95
Starting at: $41.99
Starting at: $4.10
Starting at: $5.68
Starting at: $2.89
Starting at: $4.41