Other Similac product(s)
Similac Expert Care NeoSure manufactured by Abbott Nutrition is a nutrient enriched formula with OptiGRO for babies born prematurely. Similac Expert Care NeoSure comes in powder or ready-to-feed liquid formula. It's designed to help babies catch up who didn't get the full nine months in the womb. Preterm infants fed Similac Expert Care NeoSure Formula through the first year of life showed significantly increased lean body mass and less fat mass at 12 months corrected age. The OptiGRO blend consists of DHA for brain and eye development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E to support developing cells to support growth during the baby's first year. Neosure has increase protein and calories, 22 calories a fluid ounce, for baby's growth as well. Calcium and phosphorus is added for baby's growing bones. Fats are a key component of Neosure and 25 percent of the fat blend are medium-chain triglycerides, an easily digested and well-absorbed fat source.
In a clinical trial, infants consuming this formula showed better gains in weight, length and head circumference when compared to term infant formula without DHA. In another study, preterm infants fed Similac NeoSure Infant Formula through the first year of life showed significantly increased lean body mass and less fat mass at 12 month corrected age. Other improvements were found such as early language development at 14 months corrected age.
Consult with pediatrician about using this formula. Some premature infants may have immune problems and should not be fed powder formula, which is not sterile, unless directed by pediatrician. For infants with other dietary needs, NeoSure Infant Formula is also Gluten-free, Halal and Kosher.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Precaution, Storage and Handling
Features and Benefits:
- DHA for Brain Development
- Lutein Supports Eye Health
- Vitamin E Supports Developing Cells
- Increased Benefits over Term Infant Formula
- Extra Calories for Growth
- Calcium and phosphorus for Bones
- Supports Growth
- Improved Early Language Development
- Easily Digested and Well-Absorbed Fats
- Enriched Nutrition, 22 Cal/fl oz
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Numbers: 56177, 57455, 57430
- Application: Infant Formula
- Container Sizes: 2 oz (Ready-to-Feed), 1 Quart (Ready-to-Feed) and 13.1 oz (Powder)
- Container Types: Bottles and Can
- NDC Number: 70074-0574-56
- User: Birth to 12 Months
- Brand: Similac NeoSure
- UNSPSC Code: 42231802
- HCPCS Code: B4160
- Similac NeoSure Nutrition Information
Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Lactose, Soy Oil, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Coconut Oil. Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, m-Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Choline Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, L-Carnitine, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Zinc Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Citrate, Niacinamide, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide, and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate). Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Warming bottle in microwave can result in severe harm. Instead, warm formula in warm water.
- Powdered infant formulas are not sterile. Consult with pediatrician before using powder vs. ready-to-feed formula.
Storage and Handling:
Ready-to-Feed (2 fl-oz Bottle)
- Store unopened ready-to-feed bottle at room temperature.
- Protect unused bottle from light and extreme temperatures or it may compromise formula.
- Do not reuse the Similac bottle.
- Store in carton packaging and keep sealed until ready for use.
Ready-to-Feed (1 Quart Bottle)
- Store unopened bottles at room temperature.
- Keep bottle from extreme temperatures to not compromise formula.
- Once bottle has been opened contents of bottle must be refrigerated and used within three days.
- Store prepared bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within three hours.
- Do not reuse Similac bottle.
Powder (13.1 oz Can)
- Store unopened container at room temperature.
- Avoid exposing can to extreme temperatures.
- Once powder formula has been mixed with water refrigerate unused portion and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- To maintain freshness, use opened can contents within one month.
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!