Other Similac product(s)
Similac Expert Care NeoSure manufactured by Abbott Nutrition is a nutrient enriched formula with OptiGRO for babies born prematurely. Similac Expert Care NeoSure Ready to Feed is designed to help babies catch up who didn't get the full nine months in the womb. Preterm infants fed Similac Expert Care NeoSure Formula through the first year of life showed significantly increased lean body mass and less fat mass at 12 months corrected age. This infant formula contains OptiGRO which consists of a blend of DHA, for brain and eye development, lutein, to support eye health and vitamin E to support developing cells to support growth during the baby's first year. Increase protein and calories, 22 calories a fluid ounce, are added to Similac NeoSure for baby's growth as well. Calcium and phosphorus is also added for baby's growing bones. Fats are also very important and 25 percent of the fat blend in this formula is medium-chain triglycerides, an easily digested and well-absorbed fat source.
In a clinical trial, this formula showed better gains in weight, length and head circumference when compared to term infant formula without DHA. In another study, preterm infants fed Similac NeoSure Infant Formula through the first year of life showed significantly increased lean body mass and less fat mass at 12 month corrected age. Other improvements were found such as early language development at 14 months corrected age.
Similac Expert Care NeoSure can be purchased in powder or Ready-to-Feed bottles. Premature infants or infants who might have immune problems should not be fed powder formula, which is not sterile, unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor. For infants with other dietary needs, NeoSure Infant Formula is also Gluten-free, Halal and Kosher.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Ingredients, Precaution, Storage and Handling
Features and Benefits
- DHA for Brain Development
- Lutein Supports Eye Health
- Vitamin E Supports Developing Cells
- Increased Benefits over Term Infant Formula
- Extra Calories for Growth
- Calcium and phosphorus for Bones
- Supports Growth
- Improved Early Language Development
- Easily Digested and Well-Absorbed Fats
- Enriched Nutrition, 22 Cal/fl oz
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Numbers: 56177, 57455, 57430
- Application: Infant Formula
- Container Sizes: 2 oz (Ready-to-Feed), 32 oz (Ready-to-Feed) and 13.1 oz (Powder)
- Container Types: Bottles and Can
- NDC Number: 70074-0574-56
- User: Birth to 12 Months
- Brand: Similac NeoSure
- UNSPSC Code: 42231802
- HCPCS Code: B4160
- Similac NeoSure Nutrition Information
Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Lactose, Soy Oil, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Coconut Oil. Less than 2% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, m-Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Choline Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, L-Carnitine, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Zinc Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Citrate, Niacinamide, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, Potassium Hydroxide, and Nucleotides (Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate, Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate). Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Never use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns can result.
- Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by your baby's doctor.
Storage and Handling:
Ready-to-Feed 2 fl-oz Bottle
- Store unopened bottle at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Do not reuse the bottle.
- Protect unused bottle from light.
- Store in carton packaging until ready for use.
Ready-to-Feed 1 Quart Bottle
- Store unopened containers at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Once bottle has been opened, store quart bottle in refrigerator.
- Store prepared bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 48 hours.
- Use within three days after opening.
- Do not reuse container.
- Store unopened container at room temperature; avoid extreme temperatures.
- Once mixed, store unused prepared bottles in refrigerator; feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Use opened can contents within one month.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!