PolyMem Shapes Dressings offer patients and caregivers the convenience of Foam Dressings and Silver Dressings already contoured to fit the most common wounds. The PolyMem Shapes options include Sacral, Oval and Tube. Sacral Dressings and Oval Dressings are also available in Silver. Oval Dressings provide a secure fit for wounds on elbows, knees and other high contour areas of the body. Tube Dressings are perforated to provide patient comfort at tube sites. Sacral Dressings are designed with a heart-shape for use in the sacral region. PolyMem Shapes are manufactured by Ferris.
PolyMem Shapes Dressings are used for full and partial thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds, and for first- and second-degree burns. PolyMem's dressings are highly absorbent, allowing up to seven days between changes. The extended change period of the PolyMem Shape Dressing reduces wound trauma and promotes faster healing. Constructed with a transparent film backing, PolyMem Shapes Dressings allow visual inspection of the membrane to determine the need for a dressing change. Also built-in are wound cleansing and absorption capabilities that make the patient more comfortable and decrease the wound service time for caregivers. PolyMem Shape Dressing's built-in cleansing capabilities minimize the need for manual wound bed cleansing during dressing changes. Manual cleansing can be harmful, disturbing the wound bed and any surrounding healthy tissue. PolyMem's formulation keeps the wound bed moist and promotes the concentration of the body's naturally produced growth factors, nutrients and regenerated cells in the wound bed. As a result, clinical studies show that PolyMem Shape Dressings provide quicker wound recovery times than traditional dressings and have been found to help heal wounds that had previously been unsuccessfully treated.
PolyMem Shapes Dressings contains a mild, non-toxic wound-cleansing agent that is activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed. This cleansing agent reduces interfacial tension between healthy tissue and debris, loosens eschar and necrotic tissue, and supports autolytic debridement. A polyurethane membrane matrix on each PolyMem Shapes Dressing wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate. The dressing membrane will not fragment and leaves no residue. A semi-permeable thin film backing provides a liquid barrier while allowing gas exchange and maintaining an ideal moisture vapor transmission rate.
PolyMem Shapes Dressings Features & Benefits
- Provides 4-in-one healing—cleanse, fill, absorb and moistens wounds.
- Helps heal most common wound types.
- Creates an optimal healing environment.
- Provides more patient comfort.
- Glycerin contained in the PolyMem Shape Dressings soothe traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain and providing comfort at the wound site.
- Dressing changes are accomplished with virtually no pain, improving the caregiver-patient interaction.
PolyMem Shapes Dressing Specifications
- PolyMem Shapes Dressings Product Numbers: 1709, 1823, 1853, 1886, 3709, 5335, 8023, 8053, 8086.
- Shape Options: Sacral, Oval and Tube.
- Applications: most wound types, including full and partial thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds, and for first- and second-degree burns.
- Construction: Hydrophilic Polyurethane Foam.
- Latex free.
- Manufacturer: Ferris Manufacturing.
- Brand: PolyMem.
- HCPCS code: A6212 & A6213.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Ferris Sub Brand PolyMem
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!