Arginaid Drink Mix is an arginine-intensive powder formulated for patients recovering from burns, surgery or chronic wounds. Each serving of Arginaid contains 4.5 grams of L-arginine along with supplemental vitamins C and E. Formulated as a powder mix, Arginaid mixes easily with water and is available in three delicious fruit flavors: Orange and Cherry. Arginaid Powder Mix promotes the healing of pressure ulcers, burns, and surgical wounds. Due to the moderate acidity (pH 3.0-4.0) of ARGINAID®, Arginine Powder, you should consult with a medical professional prior to use in a surgical jejunostomy. Arginaid is not for parenteral use. Arginaid Drink Mix is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This product is not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
Arginaid Powder Mix Features & Benefits
- Each serving contains 4.5 g of L-arginine along with supplemental vitamins C and E
- Mixes quickly and easily with water
- Available in two fruit flavors: Orange and Cherry.
- Appropriate for lactose-free, gluten-free, kosher, sugar-free.
Arginaid Powder Mix Specifications
- Arginaid Product Number: 359830, 359840.
- Size: 3 Ounce.
- Flavor Options: Orange or Cherry.
- kcal/mL: 0.77 when mixed with 237 mL of water.
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 72%
- Carbohydrate: 28%
- Fat: 0%
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 170 when mixed with 237 mL of water.
- L-arginine: 4.5 g/serving
- Application: Arginine Supplement for Burn or Chronic Wound Healing Promotion.
- Appropriate for these diets: lactose-free, gluten-free, kosher, sugar-free.
- Container Type. Packets.
- Preparation: Ready-to-use power..
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Arginaid®.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803.
- HCPCS Code: B4102.
Arginaid Nutritional Support
- Pressure Ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Burn Injuries
- Non-healing surgical wounds
OrangeL-arginine powder, Citric and Malic Acids, Sodium ascorbate, Aplha-Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Source), and less than 2% of Aspartame (Sweetener), Acesulfame Potassium (Sweetener), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Color (Beet Juice, Turmeric, and Annatto Extracts).
▲PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE
Oral: Mix contents of single-serving packet with 6–8 fl oz of water, stir briskly, and consume.
Tube feeding: Mix one packet with 120–180 mL warm water. Mix and administer by syringe through feeding tube. Flush afterwards with a minimum of 1-2 fl oz (30-60 mL) water.
Two servings per day are recommended. Servings may vary according to individual assessment by a qualified health care provider.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A