Normlgel, by Molnlycke, is a medical substance made to moisturize a wound environment. In cases with some open wounds granulation may pose a problem. Normlgel will help not only provide that moist wound environment, but help support debridement to speed up wound closure and proper healing.
Normlgel is especially useful for granulating and open wounds that include pressure ulcers, venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, superficial burns (1st and 2nd degree) and open surgical wounds. The gel is good for wounds covered with dry fibrin. Applying to the wound, one simply squeezes out an amount the fills the wound bed, making careful consideration to not cover any of the surrounding healthy skin. By covering the wound with a primary dressing, the gel can work in conjunction with the absorbent material and help the body supplement that prime moist environment and protect newly formed tissue.
Normlgel is made of a 0.9 percent sodium chloride solution in gel form, which includes water and xantham gum. The gel comes in three measurements: 1.5 ounces, 5 gram tubes, and 15 gram tubes.
Normlgel Features and Benefits
- When applied to a wound, the gel will provide the ideal moist environment.
- The gel works well in help healing pressure ulcers, venous and arterial leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, superficial burns (1st and 2nd degree) and open surgical wounds.
- It contains saline solution that assist in autolytic debridement.
- The gel helps protect newly formed tissue.
- Product Numbers: 350450, 370500, 371500
- Manufacturer Name: Molnycke
- Solution Contains: 0.9 Saline Sotion Gel, Water, and Xantham Gum
- Assortments: 1.5 oz, 5 Gram Tubes, 15 Gram Tubes
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!