Lopez Enteral Valve features clinically-proven stopcock technology. The Lopez Enteral Valve is manufactured by ICU Medical to maintain a closed system throughout Enteral Feeding, drug administration, and suctioning procedures. The Lopez Value not only saves time by eliminating the use of NG tube plugs and suction line connectors, but also helps keep healthcare workers safe from accidental exposure to infectious bodily fluids. Traditional methods of nasogastric therapies require cumbersome manipulation of suction lines, NG tube plugs, and wasted time before resuming suction. These traditional methods of NG therapies result in open systems that can expose healthcare workers to bodily fluids which may carry bloodborne pathogens. The Lopez Valve utilizes stopcock technology to allow for the administration of medication with an NG syringe without having to disconnect a suction or feeding line. Not only does the Lopez Enteral Valve reduce the cumbersome process of suctioning NG drainage, but it also increases healthcare worker safety by limiting potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens. The Lopez Enteral Value facilitates continuous gastric irrigation, permits the administration of medications via feeding tubes, and increases absorption of those medications by avoiding medication mixture with enteral solution.
Lopez Enteral Valve Components
- Polycarbonate valve body..
- Low linear density polyethylene valve core.
- Polyethylene cap.
- Vinyl adapter tube.
Lopez Enteral Valve Features & Benefits
- Offers an increased level of protection for healthcare professionals during enteral feeding and lavage.
- Stopcock-like device which allows health care workers to access enteral systems without breaking open the lines.
- Prevents the accidental exposure of health care workers’ mucous membranes (eye/mouth) from exposure to bodily fluids that may carry blood borne pathogens such as HIV and Hepatitis C.
- Universal adapter included.
Lopez Enteral Valve Specifications
- Lopez Enteral Valve Product Number: M9000
- Latex free.
- Additional Information
Invacare Continuing Care ICU Medical
- Community Q&A