KetoCal 4.1 Ketogenic Powder and Liquid is an epilepsy diet formula for the dietary management of intractable epilepsy. Manufactured by Nutricia, KetoCal provides a nutritionally complete formula that contains a 4:1 ratio of fat: carbohydrate + protein.
KetoCal 4.1 Ketogenic Powder and Liquid is suitable for the dietary management of an epilepsy diet in children over the age of one. Aspartame-free and supplemented with DHA and ARA, this is an ideal formula for the management of intractable epilepsy in children ages 1-8 years with low energy requirements.
KetoCal 4.1 Ketogenic Powder and Liquid Features and Benefits
- No trans fat.
- Aspartame-free (contains sucralose).
- Nutritionally complete ketogenic formula.
- Nutrient dense for children 1-8 years of age with low energy requirements.
- Supplemented with DHA and ARA.
- 4:1 ratio, supporting earlier initiation of the diet.
- Nutrient dense for children with low energy requirements.
- Convenient one step preparation with a non-modular approach.
- Appropriate for enteral or oral feedings.
KetoCal 4.1 Ketogenic Powder and Liquid Specifications
- Product Numbers: 53054, 53054, 118796
- Manufacturer: Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition
- Size: 237 mL
- Flavors: Unflavored or Vanilla
KetoCal 4:1 Indications
- Intractable epilepsy
- Pyruvate dehydrogenase deficiency (PDH)
- Glucose transporter type-1 deficiency (GLUT1DS)
- Other medical conditions where a ketogenic diet is indicated
KetoCal 4:1 Ingredients
Refined Vegetable Oils (Palm, Soy, Sunflower), Milk Protein (Casein, Whey), Soy Lecithin, Soy Fiber, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tripotassium Citrate, Arabic Gum, Inulin, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Acetate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Chloride, Fructo-oligosaccharides, Corn Starch, Artificial Flavor, Calcium Lactate, L-Cystine, M. Alpina Oil*, C. Cohnii Oil**, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Sodium Caseinate (Milk), Silicon Dioxide, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Ascorbate, LPhenylalanine, Natural Flavor, L-Valine, L-Tyrosine, L-Carnitine, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Mono and Diglycerides, L-Histidine, Zinc Sulfate, Artificial Sweetener: Sucralose, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Mixed Tocopherols, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
KetoCal 4:1 Directions for Use
The dilution and quantity of KetoCal should be determined by a healthcare professional only and is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
For oral and tube feeding
- Measure the required amount of warm water into a container that seals with a screw top lid. To completely dissolve the powder, the water must be at a temperature of 113-122°F (45-50°C).
- Add the prescribed amount of KetoCal to the water.
- Cover and shake until the powder has dissolved.
- Once prepared, the formula should be stored in a refrigerator and kept no longer than 24 hours.
- For oral feeding, best served chilled and consumed immediately.
- For tube feeding, hang time not to exceed 4 hours. It is recommended that the tube is flushed with lukewarm water (approximately 98°F or 37°C) between each feed.
- Do not boil or microwave formula.
- Do not freeze. Recommended storage between 39°F-77°F (4°C-25°C).
- Once powdered formula is prepared or liquid formula is open, use immediately or refrigerate promptly at 39°F/4°C or less and use within 24 hours.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!