Other Kangaroo ePump product(s)
Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feeding Pump is for people who require nutrition through continuous feeding, intermittent feeding or feeding and flushing. This Kangaroo ePump delivers it all in one compact, simple-to-use, precision enteral feeding pump. Easy to program, this Kangaroo ePump can also be used with Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feed Flush Sets to provide automatic flushing. A Five Button Interface walks the user through the programming process while an alarm identification system quickly resolves any problems that may arise, resulting in a smooth and stress-free user experience. The Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feeding Pump is the latest innovation in enteral feeding. The Kangaroo ePump gives you the ability to accurately track the amount of formula and fluid delivered to a patient ensuring the prescribed formula and fluid is received by the patient. When patients require nutrition through continuous feeding, intermittent feeding or feeding and flushing, Kendall Kangaroo ePump delivers in one compact, easy-to-use device.
Kendall Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feeding Pump functions on a straightforward ATM-Style interface that makes it remarkably easy to use and offers the opportunity to program hydration for both mobile and hospitalized patients alike. With the ability to program flushing intervals, this enteral feeding pump eliminates the need to manually flush tubes and sets. There is no drip chamber on this pump, allowing it to be used anywhere on anyone.
ePump Anti Free-Flow is an integral component of every Kangaroo ePump Delivery Set. This feature prevents the bag from allowing the free flow of solution into the patient (similar to a gravity feed set) if the set becomes disconnected from the pump. This is safer for the patient because it prevents a possible overfeed situation that could lead to patient aspiration or other complications. In addition, it provides for easier set-up and minimizes the potential for solution spill due to an open roller-clamp.
Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feeding Pump Features and Benefits
- Uses the MISTIC (Magnetic Intelligent Set Type Identification Connector) Identification System to recognize the pump set type and offers appropriate programming options as well as programmed flushing intervals to eliminate the need to manually flush tubes and sets. This allows for hydration and nutrition-programmed delivery.
- Since there is no drip chamber, the pump can be used anywhere on anyone.
- Prior programming settings can be saved for up to 72 hours.
- Monitors the presence or absence of fluid to determine the flow condition of the feeding set in order to determine if the pump is experiencing either an upstream occlusion or an empty bag.
- Attitude-independent design eliminates need for drip chamber on pump set.
- Audible alarm to indicate errors or pump set loading conditions.
- Designed with a hold feature with programmable restart and integrated handle for easy transport.
- Equipped with intuitive user interface and large, backlit LCD display
- With removable pole clamp and detachable power cord.
- Serial I/O port for data retrieval and software updates
- Replaceable, rechargeable NiMH battery pack for 15 hours of backup power
Kendall Kangaroo ePump Enteral Feeding Pump Specifications
- Kangaroo ePump Product Number: 382400.
- Size: 6.6 Inches by 6.4 Inches by 4.6 Inches.
- Weight: 2.3 pounds.
- Flush Rate: 1960 ml/hr (maximum).
- Flow Rate: 1-400 ml/hr (1 ml increments).
- Flush Interval: 1-24 hr(s) in 1 hr increments.
- Voltage: Operates on 9V DC, 1.5 Amps. Uses AC adapter for wall outlet usage.
- Battery Life: 15 hours.
- Battery Recharge Time: 8 hours.
- Manufacturer: Medtronics.
- Brand: Kangaroo.
Kangaroo ePump Additional Information
- ePump Enteral Feeding Pump Brochure contains features for the Kangaroo ePump.
- ePump Operation and Service Manual supplies care and maintenance information.
Kangaroo ePump Pump Instructional Video (14:27 minutes)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Covidien Sub Brand Kangaroo ePump Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
I am new to all of this enternal feeding stuff and like that it is simple and provides the alarm if there is an issue.
Vitality Medical provided great customer service and was able to answer most of my questions.