Introcan Safety IV Catheters protect caregivers and patients during the blood drawing process from needle insertion, to catheter deployment to needle removal. The safety device is passive, requiring no activation on the part of the user. Activated automatically, the Introcan Safety IV Catheter cannot be by-passed to cause an accidental stick injury. Unlike many competitor designed Safety IV Catheters, the Introcan Safety IV Catheters guard against delayed activations or activation failures. These Safety IV Catheters have a sharp universal bevel, reducing the patient pain. Designed with a back-cut bevel, the needle geometry offers more comfortable insertions. Back-cut incision offers a highly flexible pathway, provides easier catheter insertion with less tearing and faster healing. This design also allows insertion without the high angle typically required of other needle designs. Introcan IV Catheters offers more flexibility and choice of angles for accessing difficult veins.
Introcan Safety IV Catheters save time and incur no uncomfortable safety steps found in competitor safety designs. Manufactured by B. Braun, Introcan Safety IV Catheters are available in several different options to meet individual needs. Select from polyurethane (PUR) or FEP Catheters. PUR Catheters afford greater flexibility for a softer and more comfortable in-dwelling while FEP Catheters have a firmer construction for easier arterial access and special procedures. Select between Straight Catheters or Winged Catheters. Each option provides a passive safety shield to protect against accidental needle sticks and facilitates one-handed operation. A removable flashplug permits attachment of a syringe for aspiration or other special procedures. Catheters are lubricated for greater comfort.
Introcan Safety IV Catheters Features & Benefits
- Provides safety shield to protect caregiver and patient against accidental sticks.
- Passive safety shield requires no user activation.
- Minimizes needlestick injuries.
- No buttons, twists or clicks to remember.
- Color coded labels for easy gauge size identification.
- Allows a choice of insertion angles for accessing difficult veins.
- Illustrations on the box label show the contents to allow caregivers to verify the contents prior to opening packaging.
- Universal needle bevel provides enhanced performance.
- Removable flashplug permits syringe attachment.
- Clear flashback chamber allows easy visibility of blood entrance.
- Ribbed design provides secure handling.
- Locking bevel indicator easily identifies bevel-up orientation.
- Locking bevel adds stability during catheter advancement.
Introcan Safety IV Catheter Specifications
- Introcan Safety IV Catheter Product Numbers: 4252500-02, 4252519-02, 4252535-02, 4252543-02, 4252560-02.
- Gauge Options: 18 Gauge, 20 Gauge, 22 Gauge, 24 Gauge.
- Catheter Length Options: 0.75 Inch, 1 Inch, 1.25 Inch.
- Flow Rate Options (mL per minute): 22, 35, 65, 105.
- Hub Type: Straight.
- Needle Material: Stainless Steel.
- Needle Point: Universal Bevel.
- Safety Feature: Safety Needle.
- Application: Peripheral Venous Catheter.
- X-Ray Compatibility: Radiopaque Stripes.
- DEHP free.
- Latex free.
- PVC free.
- Sterilization Method: EO.
- Maximum Shelf Lift: 60 months.
- Manufacturer: B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Brand: Introcan.
- UNSPSC Code: 42221504.
- HCPCS Code: A4649.
Introcan Safety IV Catheters Additional Information
- Introcan Safety IV Catheter Brochure covers passive technology, features and product versions.
- Introcan Safety IV Catheters Use Suggestions offer step by step suggested procedure for inserting and removing IV catheters.
Braun Introcan Safety IV Catheter Video (3:38 minutes)
Introcan Safety IV Catheter Steps for Using Video (7:31 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!