Customers Also Bought
XPhe Maxamum is a Medical Food or Nutrition Supplement designed for older children and adults, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age. XPhe Maxamum is formulated to be phenylalanine-free. Developed for the dietary management of phenylketonuria (PKU), XPhe Maxamum is a great supplement for any daily PKU diet plan. Manufactured by Nutricia, XPhe Maxamum contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements except for Phenylalanine. XPhe Maxamum is available in ready-to-drink or ready-to-mix formula.
XPhe Maxamum MMA and PA Features & Benefits
- No measuring or mixing with the ready-to-eat version.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- XPhe Maxamum Drink provides 15 g of protein equivalent per each 250 mL Tetra Pak.
- XPhe Maxamum Powder provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Great addition to any daily PKU diet plan.
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation.
XPhe Maxamum Formula for Phenylketonuria PKU Specifications
- XPhe Maxamum Product Number: 12311, 12312, 12524, 118323, 118324.
- Size Options: 1 Pound, 50 Gram or 8.5 Ounce.
- Container Types:
- Powdered Drink Mix: Cans or Sachets (Packets).
- Drink Ready-to-Eat: Tetra Brik.
- Flavor Options: Orange, Unflavored, Forest Berries.
- Calories Per Serving:
- Powder, 100g: 305.
- Powder, Sachet: 153.
- Drink, 250mL: 160.
- Powder Osmolality mOsm/kg (0.64 kcal/mL):
- Orange: 1080.
- Berry: 1030.
- Users: Older Children & Adults.
- Application: Nutrition Supplement.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XPhe Maxamum.
- HCPCS Code: B4162.
XPhe Maxamum Ingredients
WATER, SUGAR, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS: CALCIUM GLYCEROPHOSPHATE, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, L-LYSINE ACETATE, CANOLA OIL, L-LEUCINE, L-TYROSINE, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, L-PROLINE, L-ARGININE, L-VALINE, GLYCINE, L-ASPARTIC ACID, L-ISOLEUCINE, MICRO-CRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, CITRIC ACID, L-THREONINE, L-SERINE, MAGNESIUM ACETATE , TRIPOTASSIUM CITRATE, L-HISTIDINE, L-ALANINE, L-CYSTINE, CHOLINE HYDROGEN TARTRATE, N-ACETYL L-METHIONINE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, L-TRYPTOPHAN, TRISODIUM CITRATE, SOYBEAN OIL, L-ASCORBIC ACID, DIACETYL TARTARIC ACID ESTERS OF MONOGLYCERIDES, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, GUAR GUM, XANTHAN GUM, ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER: ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, TAURINE, M-INOSITOL, FERROUS SULPHATE, TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, CARNITINE, ZINC SULFATE, DL-ALPHA TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, NIACINAMIDE, MANGANESE SULPHATE, CALCIUM-D-PANTOTHENATE, CUPRIC SULFATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE, THIAMINE CHLORIDE HYDROCHLORIDE, RIBOFLAVIN, VITAMIN A ACETATE, POTASSIUM IODIDE, CHROMIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM SELENITE, SODIUM MOLYBDATE, PHYLLOQUINONE, D-BIOTIN, CHOLECALCIFEROL, FOLIC ACID, CYANOCOBALAMIN.
- Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic acidemia.
- Propionic academia.
Preparation & Administration
Analog metabolic infant formulas must be consumed in conjunction with a whole protein source (e.g. breast milk or standard infant formula) in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet complete protein requirements and ensure normal growth.
Formula dosage will vary depending on the age, body weight, medical condition and protein tolerance of the infant.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean preparation area. Sterilize bottle feeding system.
- Boil water for 5 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist.
- Add the prescribed amount of Analog powder and a protein source to the sterilized feeding bottle. For accuracy, Analog should be weighed on a gram scale. If using the provided scoop, fill it and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop.
- Pour the required amount of cooled, boiled water into feeding bottle. To make the recommended dilution (21 kcal/oz), Analog requires 1 fl oz (30 mL) of water for every 5 g (1 unpacked, level scoop) of powder. Place cap on bottle and shake until powder has dissolved.
- Make sure the formula is lukewarm by placing a few drops on your wrist.
Formula prepared in advance must be cooled rapidly, stored in the refrigerator (35°F to 40°F) and used within 24 hours of preparation. Shake immediately before use. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Tube feeding "hang time" should not exceed 4 hours.
- Must only be consumed by infants with proven methylmalonic or propionic acidemia while under strict medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened use within one month.
XPhe Maxamum Additional Information
- Brown MC, et al Economic impact of feeding a phenylalanine-restricted diet to adults with previously untreated phenylketonuria. J Intell Disabil Res. 1999; 43:30-7.
- Cleary MA, et al. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Phenylketonuria: Reversal of Cerebral White Matter Change. J Pediatr. 1995; 127:251-255.
- MacDonald A. Diet and Phenylketonuria: Time for Change? J Hum Nutr Diet. 1994; 7:105-114.
- Taitz LS, et al. Zinc and Selenium Levels in Older Children with Phenylketonuria – Correction of Low Plasma Levels by a New Dietary Supplement Formulation (XP Maxamum).
- Wardley BL & Taitz LS Clinical Trial of a Concentrated Amino Acid Formula for Older Patients with Phenylketouria (XP Maxamum). Eur J Clin Nutr. 1988; 42:81-86.
- Additional Information