Customers Also Bought
XMTVI Analog is a Medical Food or Nutrition Supplement designed for infants. XMTVI Analog is formulated to be methionine-free, threonine-free, valine-free and is isoleucine-low for the dietary management of MMA and PA. Manufactured by Nutricia, XMTVI Analog contains a balanced mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements except for methionine, threonine, valine and isoleucine. XMTVI Analog is indicated for infants with Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic academia (MMA) or propionic academia (PA).
XMTVI Analog MMA and PA Features & Benefits
- Helps infants with Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic academia or propionic academia.
- XMTVI Analog provides 13 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Unflavored powder.
- Methionine-free, threonine-free, valine-free and is isoleucine-low.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (including iron, selenium and chromium)
XMTVI Analog MMA and PA Infants Specifications
- XMTVI Analog Product Number: 118303.
- Size: 14 Ounce.
- Container Type: Can.
- Flavor: Unflavored.
- Calories Per Serving: 324.
- Osmolality (at 15% w/v) = 377 mOsm/kg
- Users: Infants.
- Application: Infant Formula
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XMTVI Analog.
- HCPCS Code: B4162.
XMTVI Analog Ingredients
L-Amino Acids (L-Lysine-L-Glutamate, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Leucine, L-Proline, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Serine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Alanine, L-Arginine, Magnesium-L-Aspartate, L-Histidine, L-Cystine, Glycine, L-Tryptophan), Sugar, Potassium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Choline, Bitartrate, Myo-Inositol, Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Vanillin, Niacinamide, Vitamin E Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium-D-Pantothenate, Copper Acetate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K1, Ammonium Heptamolybdate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.
- Vitamin B12 non-responsive methylmalonic acidemia.
- Propionic academia.
Preparation & Administration
Analog metabolic infant formulas must be consumed in conjunction with a whole protein source (e.g. breast milk or standard infant formula) in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet complete protein requirements and ensure normal growth.
Formula dosage will vary depending on the age, body weight, medical condition and protein tolerance of the infant.
- Wash hands thoroughly and clean preparation area. Sterilize bottle feeding system.
- Boil water for 5 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist.
- Add the prescribed amount of Analog powder and a protein source to the sterilized feeding bottle. For accuracy, Analog should be weighed on a gram scale. If using the provided scoop, fill it and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop.
- Pour the required amount of cooled, boiled water into feeding bottle. To make the recommended dilution (21 kcal/oz), Analog requires 1 fl oz (30 mL) of water for every 5 g (1 unpacked, level scoop) of powder. Place cap on bottle and shake until powder has dissolved.
- Make sure the formula is lukewarm by placing a few drops on your wrist.
Formula prepared in advance must be cooled rapidly, stored in the refrigerator (35°F to 40°F) and used within 24 hours of preparation. Shake immediately before use. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Tube feeding "hang time" should not exceed 4 hours.
- Must only be consumed by infants with proven methylmalonic or propionic acidemia while under strict medical supervision. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Always replace the container lid after use.
- Once opened use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!