Customers Also Bought
XMet Maxamum is a Nutrition Supplement for adults and older children. Manufactured by Nutricia, XMet Maxamum contains a mixture of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Available in powdered form for easy mixing, XMet Maxamum is used for the dietary management of vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria or hypermethioninemia. This nutrition supplement is formulated without methionine.
XMet Maxamum Features & Benefits
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Tasty orange flavored powder drink mix.
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation.
- XMet Maxamum provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
XMet Maxamum Specifications
- XMet Maxamum Product Number: 117795.
- Size: 1 Pound.
- Container: Can.
- Flavor: Orange.
- Calories Per Serving: 454.
- Application: Powdered Medical Food.
- Preparation: Ready-to-mix.
- User: Adults and older children.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XMet Maxamum.
- UNSPSC Code: 51191900.
- HCPCS Code: B4157.
XMet Maxamum Indications
- Vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria.
XMet Maxamum Ingredients
Sugar, L-Lysine L-Glutamate, Corn Syrup Solids, L-Leucine, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Proline, L-Arginine, L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Threonine, Artificial Flavor, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, Citric Acid, Magnesium Acetate, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Cystine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Sodium Chloride, Soy Lecithin, Disodium Hydrogen Phosphate, Dipotassium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Tricalcium Phosphate, L-Glutamic Acid, Taurine, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium D-Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Artificial Colors (Beta-Carotene, Beet Red), Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
XMet Maxamum Preparation
Maxamum must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet protein and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
Maxamum intake will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development.
Maxamum is best served as a chilled drink with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of water. For accuracy, Maxamum should be weighed on a gram scale. Gradually add sufficient water to yield the prescribed volume. It is recommended that Maxamum initially be reconstituted at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 100 g of Maxamum and 700 mL of water). It can however be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. at a 1 to 5 dilution or in paste form), according to taste preferences. Additional fluids should then be offered at the same time.
Reconstituted formula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 24 hours.
Maxamum Range (Flavored & Unflavored)
- Must only be consumed by individuals with proven hypermethioninemia and vitamin B6 non-responsive homocystinuria while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!