Customers Also Bought
XLys, XTryp Analog is a powdered drink mix Nutrition Supplement for the dietary management of Glutaric Acidemia Type 1. Manufactured by Nutricia, XLys, XTryp Analog is designed as an infant formula. XLys XTryp Analog may be used on children older than 1 years depending on weight, age and clinical condition. Packaged in a 14 ounce can, XLys, XTryp Analog Infant Formula must be given in conjunction with a protein source such as breast milk or proprietary infant formula.
XLys, XTryp Analog Infant Formula Features & Benefits
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (including iron, selenium and chromium).
- XLys, XTrp Analog provides 13 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Un favored powered drink mix.
- XLys, XTrp Analog is for use in the dietary management of proven Glutaric Acidemia type I in infants from birth to one year.
- May also be used for children older than one year depending on the weight, age and clinical condition.
XLys, XTryp Analog Specifications
- XLys, XTryp Analog Product Number: 118328.
- Size: 14 Ounce.
- Container Type: Can.
- Osmolality: 377 mosm / kg (15% w/v or 15g XLys XTrp Analog made up to 100mls with water).
- Estimated Renal Solute Load: 173 mosm / liter.
- Application: Nutrition Supplement.
- Users: Infants.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia
- Brand: XLys, XTryp Analog.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231803.
- HCPCS Code: B4162.
Glutaric acidemia type I
XLys XTryp Analog Ingredients
Corn Syrup Solids, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Refined Vegetable Oil (Coconut, Soy), Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Leucine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Arginine, L-Valine, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Aspartic Acid, Galactose, L-Threonine, Tripotassium Citrate, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, L-Serine, Calcium Phosphate Monobasic, L-Alanine, L-Histidine, Mono and Diglycerides, L-Cystine, Sodium Chloride, L-Methionine, Magnesium Acetate, Potassium Chloride, Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Monoglycerides, Tricalcium Citrate, L-Glutamine, Choline Bitartrate, M-Inositol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Taurine, L-Carnitine, Nicotinamide, DL-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Chromium Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Folic Acid, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Sodium Hydrogen Selenite.
XLys, XTryp Analog Preparation
The recommended dosage of XLys XTrp Analog is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient.
XLys XTrp Analog should not be used as the sole source of protein but must be given in conjunction with a protein source eg. breast milk or proprietary infant formula in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to supply the lysine, tryptophan and general nutritional requirements of the patient and to ensure normal growth.
The recommended dosage of XLys XTrp Analog is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the patient. Each unpacked, level scoop (5g) of XLys XTrp Analog requires 1 fl.oz (30ml) of water to yield a recommended concentration of 15% w/v (21 cal/fl.oz). For accuracy, XLys XTrp Analog should be weighed on a gram scale.
1. Wash hands. Sterilize bottle feeding system.
2. Boil water for 5 minutes. Cool boiled water to a warm temperature.
3. Add the prescribed amount of XLys XTrp Analog powder and a protein source to the sterilized feeding bottle.
4. Pour the required amount of warm water into feeding bottle. To make the recommended dilution (21 kcal/fl.oz), XLys XTrp Analog requires 1 fl.oz (30ml) of water for every 5g (1 scoop) of powder. Place cap on bottle and shake until the powder has dissolved.
5. Before feeding, make sure that the formula is lukewarm by placing a few drops on the wrist. Store prepared formula in the refrigerator and use within 24 hrs of preparation. Shake immediately before use.
CAUTION: Do not boil formula. Do not use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula. Discard unused formula remaining in the bottle after feeding.
THE HEALTH OF YOUR INFANT DEPENDS ON CAREFULLY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED BY PHYSICIAN. DILUTE PROPERLY. REPEATED USE OF IMPROPERLY PREPARED FORMULA COULD CAUSE ILLNESS.
1 cup = 115g powder
½ cup = 55g powder
¼ cup = 30g powder
1 Tbsp = 8g powder
Above weights are approximations only. For accuracy use a gram scale.
Must only be used under strict medical supervision. Not for parenteral use. XLys XTrp Analog should not be used as the sole source of protein but must be given in conjunction with a protein source eg. breast milk or proprietary infant formula in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to supply the lysine, tryptophan and general nutritional requirements of the patient and to ensure normal growth.
* Free From statement indicates that the highlighted food constituent is not added to the product as an ingredient.
Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened, use within one month. Always replace container lid after use. Once reconstituted, feed should be stored in a refrigerator and must not be kept longer than 24 hours from time of preparation. Stir or shake immediately before use.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!