XLeu Maxamaid is a powdered Medical Food. Used for the dietary management of isovaleric acidemia, XLeu Maxamaid is leucine-free. Manufactured by Nutricia, XLeu Maxamaid is used for leucine metabolism disorders in toddlers and younger children. XLeu Maxamaid is orange flavored and contains a balanced mix of essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
XLeu Maxamaid Feature & Benefits
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- XLeu Maxamaid provides 25 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Age-appropriate DRI formulation.
- Pleasant orange flavored powder.
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
XLeu Maxamaid Specifications
- Nutricia XLeu Maxamaid Product Numbers: 117791.
- Size: 1 Pound.
- Container: Can.
- Flavor: Orange.
- Calories Per Serving: 324.
- Application: Powdered Medical Food for Isovaleric Acidemia.
- User: Toddlers and young children.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: XLeu.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231801.
- Isovaleric acidemia
- Other proven disorders of leucine metabolism
Directions for Preparation and Use
- Maxamaid must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a dietitian or physician to meet protein and general nutrition requirements. Fat, carbohydrate and low protein sources may be used to supply needed calories and to fulfill essential fatty acid requirements.
- Maxamaid intake will vary depending on the age, body weight and medical condition of the individual. Intake is adjusted to maintain normal growth and development.
- Maxamaid is best served as a chilled drink with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of water. For accuracy, Maxamaid should be weighed on a gram scale. Gradually add sufficient water to yield the prescribed volume. It is recommended that Maxamaid initially be reconstituted at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 100 g of Maxamaid and 700 mL of water). It can however be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. at a 1 to 5 dilution or in paste form), according to taste preferences. Additional fluids should then be offered at the same time.
- Reconstituted formula should be stored in the refrigerator and used within 24 hours.
- Must only be consumed by children with proven isovaleric acidemia while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under one year of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
- Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!