Customers Also Bought
The Unisar TV Listener J3 Advantage
The TV Listener J3 (Unisar UNI-TV920) is an Assistive Listening Device that allows private and amplified television or stereo listening. This item is a great option for users with hearing impairments and users who simply want to listen to television or music without disturbing their family or roommates. The J3 comes with rechargeable AAA batteries and several adapters that allow connection to almost any television or sound system. This product has a long, 15-hour battery life and is hearing aid compatible.
Each headset has its own internal volume control for a customized listening experience. Designed with comfort in mind, the headset features wireless technology, padded ear pads, swivel earpieces, and a self-adjusting headband. Because it is wireless, users are not tethered to a single spot and may avoid potentially dangerous trips and falls. In addition to these conveniences, more than one set of Unisar TV Listener J3 Infrared Wireless Headphonescan be used with a single transmitter. Vitality Medical carries replacement or secondary J3 Headsets as well.
Who Would Find this Product Useful?
Anyone who would like to have a private television watching session and users with hearing conditions may find this product useful. These include users with the following conditions:
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Hearing Impairment
- Presbycusis/Age-Related Hearing Loss
What Comes in the Box?
- 1 IR Transmitter
- 1 Set of Headphones
- 1 3.5 mm RCA Stereo Adapter
- 1 3.5 mm Mono Adapter
- 1 Headphone Adapter (Small Jack)
- 1 6.3 mm Headphone Stereo Adapter (Large Jack)
- 1 AC Wall Adapter
- 2 AAA Rechargeable Batteries
What is an Infrared (IR) Listening Device?
This device uses infrared signals instead of the radio signals used by many other devices. This means the Unisar TV Listener J3 Infrared Wireless Headphones convert light waves into high fidelity stereo sound. Because it uses infrared, there is no chance of the device receiving interference from wireless networks, microwaves, cordless phones, or radios. It also means this device has a much longer battery life (about 15 hours). Due to these infrared technology advantages, this device will need to be used in front of the television and without any objects between the headphones and the transmitter. Finally, IR technology means sound does not spill over into surrounding spaces.
- Flipper Big Button Remote: A universal TV remote with extra large, easy to read buttons. This item has just a few large buttons and can be locked to prevent accidental re-programming. This makes it easier for the elderly, children, users with alzheimers, and users with diabilities to use.
- Future Call Amplified Picture Phone: A phone with ring and voice amplification options so users with hearing impairment can hear their phone when it rings and the voices of callers. It also features large-sized, programmable, single-press photo dial keys.
- Stander Assist-A-Tray: A couch sit-to-stand assist grab bar and television tray combination.
- Sennheiser Set 840: A radio frequency listening device for TV amplification perfectly suited for users with hearing aids. This item is lightweight comes with an induction loop and headphones.
- Sennheiser RS 135: A TV listening system with a long, 330 foot listening range.
- Unisar DH900: A stethoset headset-style TV amplifier hearing aid device. This product is wireless, is MP3, CD player, TV, and DVD player compatible, and has a 2.4 Ghz radio frequency.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can others be heard when this item is in use?
Yes, if desired, it is possible to have the volume at a comfortable level at with both the television and other watchers can be hear.
Is this item compatible with smart TVs?
This item can be used with smart TVs. An RCA digital converter is necessary.
Can two sets of headphones be used with the same television?
Yes, more than one set of headphones can be used at once with this item.
Can the volume be adjusted separateley from the TV or stereo volume?
Yes, the headset volume is independent from the stereo and television's audio.
How to Use this Product
- Only use rechargeable batteries with this item. The device will be severely damaged if users use regular alkaline batteries.
- Refer to the instruction manual near the bottom of this page for a full list of instructions.
Device Set Up
To Prepare: Remove the headphone's earpads. Insert a battery into each ear of the headphones. With the headset off, charge the batteries for sixteen hours before first use and ensure that they have enough charge before each use. To do so, connect the headphone charging adapter into "CGH" jack on the right side of the headset. Check to see that the green charging indicator light is on to ensure the device is charging. Do not charge for more than 24 hours at a time or the battery life will weaken.
- Line the ear pad prongs up with the openings on the ear pads and snap them back onto the headphones.
- Plug the device into the transmitter and audio device or television via the audio output adapter appropriate for the device being used.
- Plug the AC adaper into a wall outlet and plug the other end into the transmitter's "DC IN" jack.
- Small Headphone Jack Installation Diagram
- Large Headphone Jack Installation Diagram
- Stereo Installation Diagram
- Mono Installation Diagram
Note: Be sure the headphones are kept within a 33 foot range of the transmitter and that nothing lay in between the two that might obstruct the signal. The transmitter should be placed close to eye level from where the user is sitting.
- Flip the power switches on the backside of the transmitter to on.
- Flip the power switch on the right earpiece of the headphones to on.
- Ensure that the headphones aren't too loud for comfort and safety before putting them on by turning them down.
- After putting the headphones on, use the volume control on the headphones to adjust the volume until a satisfactory volume level is found.
- Kick back and relax with your favorite television series, movie, or music.
- Never submerge this item in water.
- Never spray this item with cleaning products.
- Remove the batteries and unplug the the transmitter.
- Obtain a slightly damp or completely dry cloth.
- Gently wipe down the device's exterior.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Quick Start Guide contains abbreviated instructions.
- Manufacturer: Verseo
- Brand: Unisar
- Item Number: UNI-TV920
- Application: Hearing Aid
- Type: TV Amplifier
- Style: Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
- Color: Black and Silver
- Frequency: 2.3MHz, 2.8MHz (infrared)
- Transmission Range: 33 ft
- Modes: Stereo, Mono
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 40dB
- Headset Battery Life: 15 hours
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 4 x 9 x 8 Inch
This product includes a one year limited warranty.
TV LISTENER UNISAR TV920 J3 STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION VIDEO (2:36 minutes)
- Additional Information