Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle is what your child needs to ride with you or his/her friends. This extremely stable and maneuverable sport wheelchair is an upright three-wheel handcycle that is kid sized and safe for even the first time cyclist. Equipped with a 7-speed hub, with reverse braking, means your childs hands never have to come off of the cranks. A fully adjustable chain tension idler allows you to change positions without the need to add or remove chain links for crank height adjustments. Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle fits kids who are between 42"-62" tall.
Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle is manufactured by Invacare and is the perfect handcycle for kids between the ages of 5 to 15 or small adults. This handcycle is an extremely maneuverable three-wheel handcycle capable of speeds up to 15 mph. A smooth seven-speed Shimano® hub with its reversing drum brake delivers hands-on braking, allowing the rider to tackle hills or level terrain with equal ease. The strong oval tube carbon steel frame construction with adjustable sliding seat makes transfers in and out easier for the rider. Below are some details about this handcycle.
- Carbon steel oval tube upright frame with powder coat paint built in a child's size.
- Full chain guard, parking brake, safety leg straps, Shimano 7-speed hub with reversing drum brake, easy-to-reach 7-speed shifter, Safety flag.
- Adjustable tension seat upholstery, fold-over back upholstery, adjustable back height, adjustable fore and aft sliding seat, adjustable height/angle dual footrests.
- Cushion, 20 inch spoked performance wheels with cruiser tires.
- Vertical ergonomic hand pedals, adjustable crank height and adjustable chain tension idler.
Invacare Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle Features & Benefits
- Carbon steel frame and fork.
- Adjustable seat: forwards and backwards.
- Adjustable back height.
- Fold over back upholstery.
- Adjustable crank height.
- Chain tension idler.
- Full chain guard, reflectors and safety flag.
- Adjustable height/angle footrest system.
- Shimano® 7 speed hub w/reversing drum brake.
- Parking brake equipped.
- 155 mm crankset w/one chain ring.
- Foam covered horizontal handpedals.
- 20" Cruiser wheels and tires.
- 9° camber.
- Cushion and hook and loop seat restraint.
Invacare Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle Specifications
- Invacare Top End Li'l Excelerator Handcycle Product Numbers: LXC..
- Weight: 70 lbs. (shipping weigh)
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs.
- Frame – 1 ¾" x .065 ovalized carbon steel tubing.
- Frame Design – Single main tube, upright position.
- Wheelbase – Overall length 56" Weight – Overall weight 45 lbs.
- Turning Radius – 10 feet for 360° circle, 7 feet w/one backing maneuver.
- Static Tip Angle - 30° for 150 lb subject Transfer Seat Height – (w/2" Cushion) 17 ½".
- Crankset – Sugino 155mm w/chainring, adjustable height. Also includes chain tension idler.
- Chainguard- Full length shock resistant composite construction.
- Standard Propulsion System - -155mm Crankset w/one chainring, adjustable height crank, Shimano 7 speed front hub w/internal hub brake and 7 speed twist shifter.
- Braking System – Shimano internal drum brake (coaster brake) and Chain, activated by pedaling backwards.
- Gear Shifter- Shimano Tourney revoshifter indexed twist grip with gear display. For customers with limited hand function the Quad twist shifter option, a 3 pronged adaptation that is secured around the twist shifter is recommended.
- Parking Brake – Caliper brake w/locking brake lever.
- Handpedals – Oval Ergonomic handpedals. Optional horizontal style is available. Options for impaired hand function–The quad twist shifter adaptation option will allow the users to easily change gears.
- Hub – Front: Shimano 7 speed hub w/internal hub brake, freewheel back up feature.
- Rear: precision, heat treated, black, anodized w/ 1/2'" quick release, stainless axles.
- Performance Wheels – Rear hubs are precision heat treated, silver anodized w/quick release stainless axles. Quick release axles are easiest for transporting the handcycle. 20" x 1.75" treaded Tire, 20 x 1.5" Tube 40 psi, 20" Spoke Wheels, 20" Spoked Front Wheels.
- Camber - 9° Camber for stability.
- Gears –7 Speeds.
- Seating/Back Height – 14" width, multi position for and aft sliding seat system.
- Back Height adjustable, angle is 100°.
- Upholstery – Nylon w/hoop and loop adjustable tension seat sling and fold-over seat back.
- Hook and loop seat restraint and foam seat cushion w/cover included.
- Footrest – Adjustable height and angle, dual footrests w/safety straps.
- Assembly – Shipped completely assembled except for rear wheels. Shipping weight is 70 lbs.
- Warranty – 3 year on frame to original owner /limited parts warranty.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!