Liquid oxygen is slightly different that normal oxygen under pressure. It requires some different accessories for proper usage. One of these accessories is the conserver. The SmartDose Liquid Oxygen Conserver (LOX), by Drive Medical, is a quality oxygen accessory that will help maintain the proper oxygen output and keep any of the precious liquid oxygen from being wasted.
The SmartDose has features that allows oxygen to flow at a rate based on five increment settings on the device. The conserver's smart feature is that it will sense the patient's breathing patterns and adjusts the pre-set rest setting to match the dose needed. So if the patient's activity level increases, the oxygen regulator will boost the output level two settings. If less oxygen is needed, SmartDose will taper off the output. The SmartDose mode can be shut off to allow a continuous flow if needed.
The SmartDose Liquid Oxygen Conserver (LOX) uses two AA alkaline batteries. The conserver comes in two sizes: 0.3 L and 0.6 L. The 0.3 liter unit provides up to 7.4 hours at a pulse dose setting of 2 and the 0.6 liter unit provides up to 14 hours at a pulse dose setting at 2. The device is also equipped with a bottom-fill LOX coupler and multi-valve mechanism. A scale is provided to measure the amount of liquid oxygen left in the unit.
It has a limited warranty by Drive Medical for three years.
SmartDose Liquid Oxygen Conserver (LOX) Features and Benefits
- It achieves maximum conservation efficiency by automatically adjusting the dose down at lower activity levels.
- It can use two AA alkaline batteries for a duration of about one year (for most patients).
- It comes with a scale to measure amount of liquid oxygen left in unit.
- The device delivers a quiet, gentle dose of oxygen using an efficient, compact design.
- It comes with an integrated bottom fill LOX coupler.
- It is the only Liquid Portable Oxygen system with SmartDose auto-adjusting technology built in to best match oxygen dose to activity level.
- It has a uniform pulse dose increments of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus constant flow at 2 liters per minute.
- Manufacturer Numbers: CTPT-31PZ and CTPT-61PZ
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Operating Humidity: 15-95 percent RH
- Operating Temperature: -8 to 40 degrees C
- Oxygen Pressure: 22-25 PSIG
- Shipping Dimensions:
- Length: 8 Inch
- Width: 7.2 Inch
- Height: 11.6 Inch
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Drive Medical Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!