Other Similac product(s)
Customers Also Bought
DetailsSimilac Special Care 24 Premature Infant Formula is an exclusive blend for infants with a low birth weight or infants who are born prematurely. It offers 24 calories per ounce to aid weight gain and is formulated with Similac OptiGRO, an exclusive blend of DHA, Lutein and Vitamin E for brain and eye and immune development. Lutein is a carotenoid naturally found in colostrum and human milk that's shown to help support eye health in the preterm infant. It's iron-fortified to support baby's growth and to support brain development.
Clinical studies have shown Special Care 24 Premature Infant Formula to improve early language and visual development and body composition when compared against infants fed a formula without DHA and ARA.
The formula comes Ready-to-Feed making it ready to use with no measuring or mixing. It supports dietary needs for babies with a gluten-free, halal and kosher diet.
Features, Benefits, Specifications, Indications, Contraindications, Ingredients, Preparations and Safety Precautions
Features and Benefits:
- Comes Ready-to-Use
- Formula Supports Weight Gain
- Supports Brain, Eye and Immune Development
- Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Improved Language and Visual Development
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 56267
- HCPCS Code: B4160
- Calories: 24/oz
- Volume: 2 oz. Bottle
- Quantity: Case of 48
- Nutrition Information
- Intended for low-birth-weight infants and premature infants.
- Can be used for oral or enteral feedings.
- This formula is to be used until infant reaches approximately 8 lbs or as directed by pediatrician.
- Not intended for infants with milk and/or soy intolerance.
Ingredients for Unflavored Ready to Feed:
Water, Nonfat Milk, Corn Syrup Solids, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Lactose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil. Less than 0.5% of: C. Cohnii Oil, M. Alpina Oil, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Calcium Phosphate, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, Soy Lecithin, Monoglycerides, Magnesium Chloride, m-Inositol, Sodium Citrate, Carrageenan, Potassium Hydroxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Choline Bitartrate, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Niacinamide, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Cupric Sulfate, Riboflavin, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, and Nucleotides (Cytidine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5’-Monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5’-Monophosphate, Adenosine 5’-Monophosphate). Contains milk and soy ingredients.
- Bottle is ready-to-feed liquid and does not require added water.
- Shake bottle before using.
- Do not use if breakaway ring is missing or broken.
- Twist off cap and add nipple and ring.
- Use sterile nipple and ring if directed by pediatrician.
- Use within one hour or discard.
- If signs of intolerance develop, slow feeding or discontinue use.
Storage and Handling:
- Avoid prolonged exposure of bottles to light as well as extreme temperatures.
- Store unopened at room temperature.
- Refrigerate after opening and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Do not reuse Similac bottle.
- Feed Similac Special Care 24 Premature Infant Formula to infant under direction of doctor.
- Infants with low birth rate can be susceptible to gastrointestinal complications and have compromised immune systems and should be closely monitored.
- When formula is given with enteral feedings offer small amounts and slowly progress to a higher caloric feeding.
- With enteral feeding, discontinue if baby begins spitting up and has abdominal distension, abnormal stools or stool patterns, excessive gastric residuals, or other signs of intestinal dysfunction.
- Never warm formula in the microwave oven. Burns can result. Warm formula in warm water for a safe alternative.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A