Other Similac product(s)
Similac Special Care 20 Premature Infant Formula is an iron-fortified Ready-to-Feed Infant Formula specially designed for premature and low-birth-weight infants. It has 20 calories per ounce to support weight gain and the added iron supports growth and brain development. In addition, it features OptiGRO, an exclusive blend by Abbott Nutrition packed with important ingredients for baby's development. OptiGRO has DHA for brain development, lutein to support eye health and vitamin E, to support developing cells. All these key ingredients are found in breast milk. Lutein is naturally found in colostrum and has been shown to support eye health in preterm infants.
Similac 20 contains milk and soy ingredients. The formula is gluten-free, Halal and Kosher. Use Special Care 20 under the direction of a pediatrician. Once the baby has reached the weight of approximately 8 lbs, discontinue using this product and discuss with doctor about which Similac formula would be best for feeding.
Features, Benefits, Ingredients, Preparation, Storage and Handling and Safety Precautions
Features and Benefits:
- Specialized Formula for Premature Infants
- Supports Eye Health
- Supports Developing Cells
- Supports Brain Development
- Key Ingredients Found in Breast Milk
- Supports Weight Gain
- Digested Easily
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Number: 56265
- Volume: 2 oz Bottle
- Quantity: Case of 48
- Nutrition Information
- Bottle is Ready-to-Feed, do not add water.
- Shake bottle before feeding.
- Do not use if breakaway ring is missing or broken.
- Twist off cap and place nipple and ring.
- Use sterile nipple and ring if directed.
- Once opened, use within one hour or discard.
- If signs of intolerance develop, slow feeding or discontinue use of formula.
Storage and Handling:
- Avoid prolonged exposure of bottles to light and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Store unopened bottles at room temperature.
- After breaking seal refrigerate and use within 24 hours.
- Do not reuse empty bottle.
- Infants with low birth weight can have gastrointestinal complications and feedings should be closely monitored.
- Tolerance to enteral feedings should be monitored and baby should be given a slow progression towards a higher caloric feeding.
- Discontinue if baby uses enteral feeding and is spitting up and has abdominal distension, abnormal stools or stool patterns, excessive gastric residuals, or other signs of intestinal dysfunction.
- Never warm formula in a microwave as serious burns can result.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition Sub Brand Similac
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!