The new Anti-Embolism Stockings by Sigvaris is an innovative solution to preventing Deep Vein Thrombosis, or blood clots. Patients are now encouraged to become mobile as quickly as possible after surgery. These stockings are designed to help patients transition from bed rest to rehabilitation. The majority of blood clots develop during bed rest after the patient has been released from the hospital. These unique anti-embolism stockings apply graduated compression to the calves and thighs to promote blood circulation, prevent pain and swelling and ultimately reduce the risk of DVT.
The open toe design makes it easy to check the toes for adequate circulation and the anatomical foot design makes it easy to wear the compression stockings with shoes. A wide band at the top securely holds them in place throughout the day and the fabric is extremely soft, making these anti-embolism stockings comfortable to wear.
Sigvaris Anti-Embolism Stocking Features and Benefits
- Aids post surgery recovery
- Helps reduce the risk of DVT (blood clots) while on bed rest
- Reduces leg discomfort and swelling
- Designed for patients after surgery
- 18-23 mmHg graduated compression
- Open toe design
- Wide band at the top helps stocking stay in place
- Anatomical foot design makes it easy to wear in bed or to physical therapy
- Extremely soft fabric
Product Specifications, Indications, and Contraindications
- 18-23 mmHg
- Indications: Thrombosis prophylaxis
- Contraindications: Acute or untreated cellulitis, or other infections, acute, decompensated congestive heart failure or myocardial infarction, unstable kidney function, severe peripheral arterial disease, untreated septic phlebitis
- Cautions: Mild or moderate peripheral arterial disease, peripheral neuropathy, chronic, compensated congestive heart failure, cognitive or safety issues, incontinence, poor patient tolerance, difficulty removing garment, dermatitis, eczema, dermatosclerosis, and other skin conditions, skin infections, fabric sensitivities, vasopressor drugs
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!