When you have uneven skin, you can create a flatter surface for your ostomy products with the Securi-T Stoma Paste. The paste uses pectin as a gelling agent to create a thick, pliable layer. This layer molds to the shape of both the skin and the appliance to create a stronger bond.
If your appliance leaks, even after you have pressed it firmly into place, Securi-T Skin Barrier Paste for Ostomy may be able to help you. The tacky substance helps create a seal so that stomal discharge cannot escape. The mixture coming from your stoma is acidic, which can damage your surrounding skin. Embarrassing odors and wet spots may result during leaks as well.
What is Stoma Paste?
- It is a thick, gel-like substance that helps form seals between skin and barriers.
It sticks to uneven skin, such as wrinkles, weakened or damaged spots, and other irregularities.
It creates a more even surface for better skin barrier adhesion.
How does Hollister Stoma Paste Work?
When to Use Securi-t Ostoma Paste
When ever you change your appliance you will need to reapply a layer of paste. In addition, you can push the tip under sections of the barrier that are leaking and insert some paste. Sometimes the adhesive from the barrier causes skin irritation. Applying a layer of the paste can help reduce such irritations. You can even use it with skin barrier strips such as the Securi-T Hydrocolloid Skin Barrier Strips to create a fantastic seal.
How to Apply Stoma Paste
- Remove the cap from the tube.
- Squeeze from the closed end of the tube.
- Smooth over the area surrounding your stoma.
- Wipe excess off after applying the skin barrier.
How Pectin Protects the Skin
- Pectin occurs naturally.
- The most common source is the peals from fruit.
- It is a white-powdery agent.
- The pectin forms a gel, thickening the Holister Ostomy Paste, which seals the barrier to your skin.
- The seal keeps waste material off of your skin.
Features and Benefits
- Easy-to-Squeeze Tube.
- Smooth Paste that Spreads with Minimal Effort.
- Skin Protectant.
- Creates an Excellent Seal.
- Tube Opening Allows for the Application of Thin Lines.
- Brand: Securi-T
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- SKU: 200000
- Content Volume: 2 Ounces
- Usage: Stoma Care