Other Securi-T product(s)
- Securi-T 1-Piece Drainable Pouch w/ Extended Wear Barrier - 12-Inch Opaque
- Securi-T Flat Wafers for Two-Piece Pouching Systems
- Securi-T Two-piece Drainable Pouch with Filter 12 L, 2-1/4 Flange, Transparent
- Securi-T Closed-End Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Opaque
- Flexible Wafer with Tan Collar
- Securi-T Urostomy Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems - Transparent
Customers Also Bought
The Securi-T Urostomy Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems is a 9-inch urinary ostomy pouch by Hollister (formerly Genairex). This pouch comes in two flange sizes, so users can pick the size that will work best for their personal needs. A flip-flow valve is integrated into this pouch for easy emptying and cleaning. Pouches are built with patient comfort in mind and have a comfort panel that is soft against the skin and that prevents chafing. In addition to these features and benefits, the opaque color and discrete design features of this Securi-T line of opaque urostomy pouches offer patient privacy. Patients can go out and engage in everyday activities without concern of others noticing this urostomy pouch. Belt tabs allow Securi-T Urostomy Pouch for Two-Piece Pouching Systems to be used with an under-clothing ostomy belt for an even more secure and discreet experience. This product comes with a night drain adapter and 10 caps.
This item is part of a two-piece system for ostomy care, so it works in tandem with an ostomy skin barrier (also known as a flange or wafer). Two-piece systems translate to fewer ostomy item change-outs because while the ostomy pouch must be changed out daily, the skin barrier (the part that attaches directly to the skin) only needs to be changed out every two to four days. Because of this, two-piece systems are not as harsh on the skin as one-piece systems are and skin breakdown is less likely. This feature also makes changing these ostomy bags out is both easy and fast, which not only makes life easier for care providers and patients, it gives the patient more freedom to change out their ostomy bag when desired. For example, if one wants to change to a larger bag for sleep or a smaller bag for swimming or intimate activities, it is very easy to do so.
How to Clean around the Stoma
- Step 1: Wash your hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Step 2: With warm water and a washcloth, clean the stoma gently. Do not rub too hard as the nerves in the stoma are deaded and abrasion might occur without the patient knowing. Note that the use of soap is not encouraged as it may cause adhesion problems. If soap is used, use only mild, unscented soap that contains no oils.
- Step 3: Ensure that the skin is completely dry before attaching the ostomy skin barrier to the skin.
Tips for Ensuring Proper Adhesion of a Two-Piece Ostomy System
- Never use alcohol, sanitizers, creams, lotions, or powders on or around the stoma or the stoma will likely become irritated and the ostomy system will not properly adhere to the skin.
- Do not use wet wipes to clean the stoma unless they are specifically made for ostomy care, such as the No Sting Bar Wipes by Montreal Ostomy.
- Clean the skin thoroughly with warm water and a washcloth. Make sure the skin is completely clean and dry before applying the ostomy skin barrier.
- If the skin is wrinkled, hold the skin taut for better adhesion results.
- Be sure to change the ostomy bag whenever it is half full. The bag may come loose from the skin if it becomes too heavy.
- Adhesion of ostomy systems may change with changes in medication.
Features and Benefits
- Quality Urinary Ostomy Pouch
- Two-Piece System
- Two Flange Size Options
- Integrated Flip-Flow Valve
- Easy Emptying and Cleaning
- Soft Comfort Panel
- Discreet Design
- Opaque Color
- Belt Tabs Included
- Ostomy Belt Compatible
- Manufacturer: Hollister
- Brand: Securi-T
- Item Numbers: 7501134, 7501214
- Function: Ostomy Pouch
- Type: Two-Piece
- Bag Sizes: 9 Inch
- Flange Sizes: 1.75, 2.25
- Drainable: Yes
- Reusable: Yes
- Color: Opaque
Manuals and Documents
- Product Catalog contains Securi-T product specifications.
- Product Care Guide contains an ostomy care instructions.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A