Customers Also Bought
DiabetiShield is a Diabetic Nutrition Supplement formulated for patients with diabetes. DiabetiShield comes in two flavors—Orange Twist or Mixed Berry. These tasty flavors are delicious oral supplements for diabetic management of blood sugar levels. Manufactured by Nestle, DiabetiShield has arginine and vitamin C to support wound management. Packaged in an easy to carry Tretra Brik Carton, DiabetiShield is a medical food for use as directed by a medical professional.
DiabetiShield Features & Benefits
- Calorically dense for fluid management.
- May be used for tube feeding or for oral supplementation.
- High ratio of branched-chain amino acids to aromatic amino acids.
- High MCT to LCT ratio to facilitate absorption.
- DiabetiShield Product Number: 34910000, 34930000.
- Size: 8 Ounce.
- Container: Tetra Brik.
- Flavors: Orange Twist or Mixed Berry.
- Application: Oral Nutrition Supplement.
- User: Adults.
- Preparation: Ready-to-use.
- kcal/mL: 0.63.
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 19%
- Carbohydrate: 81%
- Fat: 0%
- Protein Source: whey protein isolate (milk), L-arginine.
- NPC:N Ratio: 76:1.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 380.
- Water: 89%
- Supplemental L-Arginine: 3 g/237 mL.
- Lactose-free. Not for individuals with galactosemia.
- UNSPSC Code: 51191900.
- HCPCS Code: B4155.
DiabetiShield Cal Indications
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision.
It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
This is a high-nitrogen and high-phosphorus product that may not be appropriate for individuals with impaired renal function.
This product is not intended as a sole source of nutrition.
Orange Twist - Water, Corn Syrup, Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), L-Arginine, Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, L-Cysteine, Sucralose, Yellow 6. Vitamins and Minerals: Ascorbic Acid, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).
Mixed Berry - Water, Corn Syrup, Whey Protein Isolate (Milk), L-Arginine, Phosphoric Acid, Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, L-Cysteine, Sucralose, Red 40. Vitamins and Minerals: Ascorbic Acid, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Gluconate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione (Vitamin K1), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).
DiabetiShield Additional Information
- American Diabetes Association. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:s61-s131.
- McClave SA, et al. JPEN. 2009;33(3):277-316.
- Vahdat L, et al. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:1192-1197.
- Stubblefield MD, et al. Clin Onc. 2005;17:271-276.
- Amara S. Ann Pharmacotherap. 2008;42:1481-1485.
- Atkinson S, et al. Crit Care Med. 1998;26:1164-1172.
- Waitzberg DL, et al. World J Surg. 2006;30:1592-1604.
- Drover JW, et al. JACS. 2011;212:385-399.
- Brown RO, et al. JPEN. 2010;34:366-377.
- Ha E, et al. J Nutr Biochem. 2003;14:251-258.
- Calder P. PLEFA. 2006;75:197-202.
- Berger M. Clin Nutr. 2005;24:172-183.
- Hertzler S, et al. Lactose Intolerance: Comprehensive Review. U of Minnesota, 1992.
- Clavé P, et al. AP&T. 2006;24:1385-1394.
- Leonard R, et al. The Effects of Rheology and Type of Thickening Agent on Objective Swallowing Parameters. Poster presentation: 1st Congress, European Society for Swallowing Disorders, The Netherlands, 2011.
- Wadden TA, Foster GD, Letizia KA, Stunkard AJ. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight reduction program for the treatment of marked obesity. Arch Intern Med. 1992 May;152(5):961-6.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!