Customers Also Bought
The REMstar Plus, by Respironics, is a CPAP device that is part of the System One line of breathing therapy products. The REMstar Plus is a step up from REMstar SE C-Flex CPAP machine and provides a few features that make sleep with a CPAP device more comfortable and the data gathered more useful for therapy evaluations.
This lightweight machine offers valuable features for those who need treatment for Sleep Apnea and other sleep/breathing disorders. The C-Flex feature in particular is designed for patient comfort. This is a smart feature that will allow for easier exhalation. Sometimes patients will have difficulty breathing against the pressurized air. The C-Flex features will lessen the pressure during the patient's exhalation with what is called 'pressure deflection' and is sought after by patients who are routinely woken by their CPAP.
The REMstar Plus captures breathing patterns during sleep and saves it to a SD memory card. This saves the patterns of use that can be utilized by the doctor or sleep aid technician to adjust pressure levels as needed. This data can be downloaded onto a memory SD card and will seamlessly integrate with a Philips EncoreAnywhere compliance management system.
The REMstar Plus also has a heated tube and humidifier options sold separate as a kit to moisten the inflow of air, but not to the point of creating condensation in the mask -- also known as rainout. The tube has a temperature sensor at the end to detect the amount of moisture needed. This will save the user from excessive mouth and throat dryness, potentially keeping sores and irritation at bay for those who regularly use their CPAP.
The System One technology makes this line of Respironics CPAP Machines 25 percent quieter than their closest competitor, according to Philips Respironics. The System One technology provides additional advantages:
- Design eliminates water ingress
- Durable, easy-to-connect, top-mount tubing connections for convenience
- Compatibility with the SleepMapper Self-Management Solution
REMstar Plus Features and Benefits
- This CPAP is designed with C-Flex technology to adjust inflow pressure to allow the user an easier time exhaling.
- The CPAP will capture data on an SD memory card to be analyzed by a trained medical provider.
- The data captures includes advanced event detection and reporting.
- The device is small and lightweight.
- The heated tube option monitors moisture content from the humidifier.
- The humidifier option provides moisture to keep the mouth and throat from drying.
REMstar Plus Specifications
- Product Numbers: DS260S, DS260SHS, DS260STS
- Manufacturer: Respironics
- Pressure Range: 4 to 20 cm H20
- Ramp Time: 0 to 45 (5 min increments) cm H20
- Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to CPAP - Patient Adjustable
- Length: 7 Inches
- Width: 5.5 Inches
- Height: 4 inches
- Weight: 3 lbs (without humidifier)
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!