Customers Also Bought
Prontosan Wound Gel removes dirt and debris from acute and chronic surface flat wounds, burns and tunneling wounds. The gel adds a thick coating and should be applied at least one-eighth of an inch thick. After gel is covered the surface of the wound make sure to apply a secondary dressing. When cleaning deep wounds, spread the gel over exposed surface and then saturate packing gauze with Prontosan irrigation solution and then pack the wound.
Prontosan effectively cleans the wound using two powerful ingredients. Polyhexanide (PHMB), a preservative in contact lens solution, is used to slow down the growth of microorganisms. The second key ingredient is Betaine for its cleansing and coating properties that aid in faster debridement. Betaine also balances wound exudate and reduces necrotic burden.
Prontosan Wound Gel 30 mL ampule is packaged sterile for single-use. Choose from a single ampule or a case of 20. Once cap is opened, the gel has a shelf life of 28 days.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy to Use
- Removes Foreign Material in Wound
- Clean Wound Aids in Faster Healing
- Reduces Necrotic Burden
- Manages Wound Exudate
- Inhibits Growth of Microorganisms
- Manufacturer: B. Braun Medical Inc.
- Item Numbers: 4400560
- Quantity: Each, Case
- Solution Sizes: 30 mL
- Sterile: Yes
- Shelf Life: 28 Days After Opening
- Do not combine Prontosan with other wound cleanings soaps and ointments as it may lower its efficacy.
- Do not ingest, infuse or inject gel.
Manuals and Documents
Prontosan® Instructional Video (5:37 minutes)
- Additional Information