Customers Also Bought
Posey KeepSafe Deluxe Alarm System
This alarm is an electronic fall monitoring system designed to help reduce patient risk to fall injuries. The KeepSafe alarm system is highly flexible with several optional alarm sensors such as chair alarm sensor, room alarm sensor, wireless alarm sensor, toilet alarm sensor, bed alarm sensor, and door alarm sensor. Each optional alarm sensor may also be purchased with the alarm unit forming a complete alarm system consisting of a KeepSafe alarm control unit, a sensor transmitter, saddle bracket, wall/wheelchair bracket and a wire bracket. The recessed ON/OFF switch is standard on the 8373 model. An optional KeepSafe Alarm Unit without an ON/Off switch is also available (8373NP model).
- Alarm Control Unit (8374 and 8374NP)
- 4 "AAA" batteries.
- Wire bracket allows attachmen of control unit to head/footboards, wheelchairs and walls.
- Instruction manual.
Product Features & Benefits
- Five selectable alarm tones for patient or caregiver identification.
- Three alarm modes; Tone Only, Voice plus Tone, Voice Only. Allows multiple options for caregiver and patient notification.
- Color Coded LED – Green indicates unit is in monitor mode, Red indicates unit is on HOLD or SUSPEND
- Adjustable alarm volume; low (85dB) - high (100dB) at one foot.
- Voice feature plays a pre-recorded message instructing the patient or resident to sit back down or other custom message.
- Programming buttons are hidden inside the battery compartment to prevent tampering or unauthorized setting changes.
- HOLD function allows patient/resident to be away (i.e. therapy, toileting, socializing) without the need for the alarm to be turned off. Ensures continuity of monitoring despite multiple caregiver involvement.
- SUSPEND function allows staff to silence the alarm without the need to turn the unit OFF. Once the magnet is reattached, the unit will automatically revert back to monitor mode. This ensures continuity of monitoring despite multiple caregiver involvement.
- Impact resistant alarm cover helps minimize damage to the alarm unit if dropped.
- Fail-safe sensor alarm; If the sensor is disconnected, the alarm will sound to notify caregiver of a possible interruption of monitoring.
- Nurse Call interface permits dual alarm notification to staff; nurse call cable sold separately.
- Battery operated with four (4) "AAA" alkaline batteries.
- Alarm unit flashing green light to indicate the unit is operational.
- Audible low battery "CHIRP" when batteries need changing.
- DC Jack for optional AC power connection; adapter sold separately.
Patient Alarm Specifications
- Size: 3 W x 5 L x 2 D Inch.
- KeepSafe Essential Alarm Weight: 6.0 oz. (7.6 oz. with batteries).
- Medical Fall Alarm Power Supply: Four (4) "AAA" alkaline batteries.
- Life Expectancy: Approximately 30 days; may vary.
- Current Drain: 0.22mA.
- Alarm Mode (maximum volume): 100dB.
- Voltage Range: 4.6 - 6.0 VDC.
- Medical Fall Alarm Low Battery Warning: Audible, low battery chirp every 3 seconds when batteries need changing.
- AC Adapter (8383) – 9 VDC, 300mA input voltage, center positive.
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Limited Lifetime.
- Chair Pad System (8374CP) includes control unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) and chair pad sensor (8308).
- Gel Foam Cushion System (8374GC) includes control unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) gel goam cushion sensor (7223F).
- Wheelchair Belt System (8374WB) includes control unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) and chair belt sensor (8360).
- Mobile Chair Belt System (8374MB) includes control unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) and mobile chair belt sensor (8371).
- Disposable Bed Sensor System (8374DO) Includes Control Unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) and over-mattress sensor (8283).
- Over-Mattress Bed System (8374OM) Includes Control Unit, 4 "AAA" batteries, wire clamp bracket (8276) and over-mattress sensor (8307).
Alarm Systems Comparison Chart
OptionsModel #Base Unit Model #AC AdapterFour AAA BatteriesSensorsCushionsMounting Bracket Base Alarm Units With Power Switch8374NANoYesNoneNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Without Power Switch8374NPNANoYesNoneNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair With AC Adapter8374ACNAYesYesNoneNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair With AC Adapter Without Power Switch8374NPACNAYesYesNoneNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Chair Systems Chair Pad System8374CP8374NoYes8309 Chair Pad SensorNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Mobile Chair Belt System8374MB8374NoYes8371 Chair Belt SensorNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Wheelchair Belt System8374WB8374NoYes8360 Chair Belt SensorNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Gel Foam Cushion System8374GC8374NoYes8303 Gel Cushion Sensor7223F Gel Cushion8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair Bed Systems 30-Day Mattress Sensor System8374DO8374NoYes8283 30-Day SensorNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair 6-Month Mattress Sensor System8374OM8374NoYes8307 6-Month SensorNone8276 Bed, Wall or Wheelchair
Alarm System Summaries
Chair/Wheelchair Alarm Systems
Bed/Mattress Alarm Systems
List of Compatible Sensors
Chair/Wheelchair Alarm Sensors
- Chair Pad Sensor, 6 Month (8308) is a 6-month sqaure pad sensor 13 x 13 inch designed for wheelchair, geri-chair or other seating.
- Chair Pad Sensor, 30-Day (8309) is a 30-day sqaure pad sensor 13 x 13 inch designed for wheelchair, geri-chair or other seating. This pad is for single patient use.
- Gel Foam Cushion Sensor (7223F) is an 18 x 16 x 2 inch seat cushion alarm with a water-based gel foam for a comfortable seat. Cushion weighs 6.5 pounds and is dark blue.
- Wheelchair Belt Sensor (8360) is a seat-belt like alarm sensor with a 24 inch cord.
- Mobile Chair Belt Sensor (8371) is a seat-belt like alarm sensor with a D-Ring attachment.
- EZ Clean Sensor Belt (8358) wipes clean with a moist cloth. This sensor is easy to transfer between chairs and is designed for wheelchairs and geri-chairs.
- Hook & Loop Sensor Belt (8372) is an easy fasten-refastern belt designed for wheelchairs or geri-chairs. This belt utilizes a D-Ring attachment.
- Long Hook & Loop Sensor Belt, Long (8372L) is an easy fasten-refastern long belt designed for wheelchairs or geri-chairs. This belt utilizes a D-Ring attachment.
Bed Mattress Alarm Sensors
- Over-Mattress Sensor, 6-Month (8307) is a sensor pad designed to lay on top of a bed mattress. Rectangular shape pad with 6-month product life.
- Over-Mattress Sensor, 30-Day (8283) is a mattress sensor pad with a 96 inch cord for a single patient with a 30-day product life.
Door, Room & Bedside Alarm Sensors
- Exit Alarm Sensor Mat, 60 x 24 inches - Bedside Alarm Sensor (8250L)
- Exit Alarm Sensor Mat, 36 x 24 inches- Door Mat Alarm Sensor/Room Alarm Sensor (8250S)
Bathroom Alarm Sensors
- Toilet Seat Sensor (8332) is used for monitoring patients on toilet seats.
- Commode Sensor (8333) is used for monitoring patients on commodes.
Click link to see pricing and detailed Posey Alarm Sensor product descriptions.
List of Compatible Posey Alarm Brackets
Wall Mounting Brackets
- Wire Clamp (8276)
- Screw Mounting (8208)
- GCX Vertical Mount, Screw Mounting (8208G)
- Headwall Rails for Horizontal Wall Mounting (8208H)
- Locking Buckle, Screw Mounting (8208L)
- Command Strip Stick Mounting (8208CS)
Wheelchair Mounting Brackets
- Wire Clamp (8276)
- Saddle with Velcro Strap (8278)
- Narrow Saddle with Velcro Strap (8278N)
- Screw Mounting for Wheelchair Back (8208H)
- Vertical Pole Velcro Strap Mounting (8288)
- Quick Release Buckle (8269)
Pole Mounting Brackets
- Quick Release Buckle (8269)
Toilet Mounting Brackets
- Quick Release Buckle (8269)
Clink link to see pricing and a detailed Posey Alarm Mounting Brackets product descriptions.
Product Manuals & Documents
- Posey 8374 Alarm System User Guide offers information for the use and maintenance of this patient alarm.
- Troubleshooting Guide offers information for the safe use and maintenance of this economy limb cuff.
- Posey Warranty offers information about the manufacturer's warranty.
- Rubenstein, Laurence Z. "Falls in older people: epidemiology, risk factors and strategies for prevention." Age and ageing 35.suppl_2 (2006): ii37-ii41.
- Cheek, Penny, Linda Nikpour, and Heather D. Nowlin. "Aging well with smart technology." Nursing administration quarterly 29.4 (2005): 329-338.
Alarm Review Video (16:01 minutes)
- Additional Information