Customers Also Bought
Cunningham Clamp is an effective incontinence device to help control male urinary stress incontinence. Stress incontinence for men occurs when they are unable to control urine flow. This simple male incontinence clamp has helped thousands of men cope with dribbling and incontinent side effects secondary to prostate cancer, stroke, and other urinary problems. Manufactured by Bard Medical, this penis clamp offers effective incontinence control in lieu of wearing adult diapers.
Bard Cunningham Incontinence Clamp is a hinged, stainless steel frame supporting two foam rubber pads and a locking device. The user places the penis between the two foam pads and the hinged is squeezed shut. The lower foam pad has an inverted "V" which presses against the underside of the penis exerting a closing pressure on the urethra, which is close to the underside of the penis. The ratchet locking clamping mechanism has five separate settings to control male incontinence. This permits the user to achieve the proper amount of pressure to prevent urine leakage without discomfort.
Product Features & Benefits
- Reusable and washable.
- Adjustable fitting.
- Effective control of stress incontinence, enuresis or bed wetting.
- Suitable for use with males of all ages.
- Product Numbers: 004052, 004053, 004054.
- Size Options: Juvenile, Regular or Large.
- Sizes:1 - (1-1/2 inch), Size 2 - (2 inch) or Size 3 - (3 inch).
- Materials: Steel, foam and latex.
- Application: Control stress incontinence.
- Replace every 3 months or when there are signs of deterioration, cracking, discoloration or separation of foam.
- Manufacturer: Bard Medical.
- HCPCS Code: A4356.
- UNSPSC Code: 42291802.
Product Sizing is by penis shaft circumference, not length. Three sizes are available--large, regular or juvenile. Most men use the size 2. Below is a guide to help you to select the best clamp size to meet your needs.
- Step 1: measure the circumference of your penis with a tape measure.
- Step 2: select the size that best meets your circumference measurement.
- If your circumference measurement is 3 inches or more, select the large clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 2 inches, select the regular clamp.
- If your circumference measurement is around 1-1/2 inches, select the juvenile clamp.
How to Properly Apply
- Step 1: Place the clamp about halfway down the shaft of your penis between the two foam pads.
- Step 2: Tighten the clamp to compress your urethra. Use the ratchet catch to adjust the pressure. This is what stops urine flow. The large and regular clamps each have 5 settings that adjust the pressure on your urethra. To release the catch, press inward on both of the spring wire loops. The juvenile clamp is not adjustable.
- Step 3: Loosen your clamp every 1 to 2 hours to allow urine to flow. Going beyond 2 hours places you at higher risk of contracting a urinary tract infection. Reposition the clamp slightly up or down the shaft or you penis so that it is not in the same place as before.
- Do not use at night while you are sleeping.
- Step 4: Ensure that the clamp is not set too tightly, cutting off blood circulation or causing skin irritation.
Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Wash in a sink with mild soapy water.
- Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
- Gently squeeze the foam to get rid of excess water.
- Air dry at room temperature away from excess heat or direct sunlight.
- Do not use bleach, detergent, or hot water on your clamp.
- Do not put in the washer or dryer
- Do not use a blow dryer on the clamp.
Many incontinence clamp users keep three serviceable urine clamps on-hand at any given time. They rotate between two of the clamps daily and keep one as a spare. Rotating the clamp daily allows the foam pads to reposition fully before each use.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsI use the Cunningham clamp but experience my skin sticking to the clamp and causes problems when removing the clamp. How can I keep the clamp from sticking to me? I have just tried using Vaseline on the penis before putting on the clamp but now the rubber holding the foam pads is swelling as if the Vaseline is reacting with the rubber. I have tried putting band-aids around the penis and then putting on the clamp and experience no sticking but the band-aids are a nuisance. There is got to be a better way!
Thank you very much.Question by: Steve Langridge on Jun 3, 2019 9:14:00 AMThis is a question that is better suited for a medical professional who will better understand your specific circumstances and medical needs.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Jun 7, 2019 2:14:00 PMI have nighttime incontinence, my urologist gave me a clamp, but Ive not uses it yet. I see that it is not recommended for night time due to length of time it may be clamped??Question by: Randy on May 15, 2017 8:20:00 AMThis item is not meant to be used overnight.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 9, 2017 11:29:00 AMYou do not recommend using it night,that's the only time I really need it.My question is why.Question by: Charles Hodges on Dec 16, 2016 9:00:57 AMWe cannot offer any recommendations for usage as we do not have any medical professionals on staff. It's best to speak with a medical professional for proper recommended usage.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 31, 2017 4:15:00 PMIs this item covered by medicare?Question by: Hans on Jul 15, 2017 7:56:00 AMIn an effort to keep our prices low, we do not bill Medicare or insurance companies. Feel free to contact Medicare for information about reimbursement.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 3, 2017 10:39:00 AMDoes one have to remove this device completely from the penis in order to urinate?Question by: Dolph Ramey on Jul 20, 2017 7:54:00 AMThis item requires removal before urinating.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 19, 2018 9:24:00 AMCan these clamps be steam sterilized? If not what's the best way to disinfect?Question by: Myrna Paine on May 5, 2017 6:16:00 AMProper cleaning instructions are included on the product page. We cannot make recommendations for sterilization; therefore it's best to contact the manufacturer for the best advice.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jan 22, 2018 10:09:00 AMWill this clamp set off a metal detector at the airport, courthouse etc.?Question by: Newbie on Oct 22, 2015 1:07:46 PMDue to the materials used to put the product together, this item is highly likely to set off any sort of metal detector regardless of location. We do have other penile clamps available that will not set off any sensors or alarms.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 18, 2016 1:57:00 PMIs there a way that I could exchange the products dad ordered? He has never tried them on, simply used his finger to measure. I would want a size large.Question by: Cathie Hoover on Apr 5, 2017 3:24:00 PMUnfortunately, due to the nature of the item it is non-returnable and cannot be exchanged. You can read more about our return policy at vitalitymedical.com/policy/returns-policyAnswer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Apr 7, 2017 8:42:00 AM
Based on your history
- It works and is reasonably priced
- The design is easily improved if Bard would only listen
- Allows total freedom and keeps me dry
- It lets me lead a more normal life
- it can cause a burning sensation if left in the same spot for long periods of time
- Slight discomfort
- comfort, fit, convenience, price, service, delivery