Customers Also Bought
Defibrillator electrodes are uniquely different for children and adults -- and for good reason. That is why HeartSine has the Pad-Pak electrodes and batteries for adults and the Pediatric-Pak electrodes and batteries for children. These electrodes work for the Samaritan® PAD line of defibrillators.
Both electrode types are incorporating the batteries into one single-use cartridge. They have only one date to check and only one item to replace upon expiration of after use. Both the Pad-Pak and the Pediatric-Pak has a four-year life and provides 60 shocks or six hours of continuous monitoring.
Both adult and child electrodes are color-coded to avoid confusion. Pediatric-Pak electrodes are specific in that they deliver the appropriate shock for a small child's heart in cases of Sudden Cardiac Arrest. They have a smaller charge threshold and meant for children 55lbs or less (typically children under 8 years old).
The main two differences between the two defibrillator electrodes are:
- Adult - Pad-Pak: These are gray in color and are used for children over 8 years old and adults.
- Pediatric-Pak: These electrodes are pink and are to be used on children younger than 8, or weighing less than 55lbs.
Pad-Pak and Pediatric-Pak Features and Benefits
- color-coded for adult and child.
- The pads have a expiration date for easy reference.
- The batteries and incorporated into the pad.
- The electrodes deliver appropriate charge for adult and child.
- They have a four-year life and provide 60 shocks, or six hours of continuous monitoring.
- A low battery sound indication alerts the user when it is down to 10 shocks or less.
Pad-Pak and Pediatric-Pak Specifications
- Manufacturer Numbers: Pad-Pak-01, Pad-Pak-02
- Manufacturer: HeartSine
- Size: 3.92 Inch x 5.24 Inch x .94 Inch
- Battery Type: Lithium Manganese Dioxide
- Placement: Anterior-lateral (Adult); Anterior-posterior (Pediatric)
- Capacity: 60 Shocks at 200 Joules, 18V, 1.5 Amp Hours
- Cable Length: 3 1/2 Feet
- Weight: 0.44lbs
- Adult: Gray Color; Pediatric: Pink Color
- Additional Information
Manufacturer HeartSine Ships Free Yes
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!