Customers Also Bought
Oxepa is Therapeutic Nutrition that's been clinically proven to regulate inflammation for patients with sepsis, acute lung injury (AlI), acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) and systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) such as sepsis, trauma and burns. It's a concentrated formula to help with fluid-restricted diets and offers sole-source nutrition for tube feeding.
The unique formula of Oxepa has an special oil blend with high levels of antioxidants to targent inflammation. It has eicosapentenoic acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) from refined fish oil and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) from borage oil as well as antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E and beta-carotene. It's packed with nutrition and contains 24 essential vitamins and minerals.
Features, Benefits, Precautions, Ingredients, Preparations, Nutrition Information
Features & Benefits
- Sole-Source Nutrition
- Calorically Dense
- Oil Blend Specifically for Modulating Inflammation
- Elevated Antioxidants
- 24 Essential Vitamins and Minerals
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Item Numbers: 64814, 62717
- HCPCS Code: B4154
- Size: 8 oz Tetra Carton, 1000 mL Ready-to-Hang Bottle
- Quantity: Case of 24 (8 oz); Each, Case of 8 (1000 mL)
- Flavor: Unflavored
- Application: Tube Feeding
- Suitable for Lactose Intolerance
- Product Information for Oxepa 1.5 cal
- Use under medical supervision.
- Not to be consumed by individuals with galactosemia allergy.
- Not for paranteral use.
- Feeding sets are for single-patient only to avoid contamination.
- Store at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures to not compromise formula.
- Shake well before consuming.
- Clean top of container thoroughly before opening to avoid contamination.
- Once opened, cover and refrigerate. Contents must be consumed within 48 hours or dispose.
- Contact physician for flow rate and volume.
- Store at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to patient's condition and tolerance.
- Feed by pump using an 8 Fr or larger tube or a 10 Fr or larger tube with gravity feeding.
- Consult physician if additional fluid requirements are needed before and after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Always use careful handling and use safety protocols during preparation and use.
- For pump feeding use an 8 Fr or larger tube and 10 Fr or larger tube for gravity feeding.
- Feeding should be administered with product at room temperature.
- Make sure to thoroughly wash hands with soap and water before handling container or feeding set.
- Shake well for at least ten seconds and turn container upside down.
- Avoid contamination by NOT touching any part of the container or feeding set that comes into contact with the formula.
- Adjust flow rate and volume according to physician's recommendations for the patient.
- Also consult with physician about additional fluid requirements between or after feedings or when flushing the tube.
- Remove the dust cover from the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap.
- Remove the dust cover from the safety connector on the feeding set.
- Insert the safety connector into the port on the Abbott RTH Safety Screw Cap to pierce foil.
- Turning clockwise until safety connector is securely fastened.
- Close clamp on set before inverting it by using ring on the ready-to-feed container.
- Hang product for up to 48 hours from time of setup.
Ingredients: Liquid Unflavored: Water, Sodium & Calcium Caseinates, Sugar (Sucrose), Corn Maltodextrin, Canola Oil, Medium-Chain Triglycerides, Marine Oil (May Contain One or More of the Following: Anchovy, Menhaden, Salmon, Sardine, Tuna), Borage Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Phosphate, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Choline Chloride, Taurine, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, L-Carnitine, Salt (Sodium Chloride), Gellan Gum, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Palmitate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Phylloquinone, Cyanocobalamin, and Vitamin D3. Contains milk and soy ingredients.
8 oz Tetra Carton
Always follow clean techniques and proper setup to reduce the potential for microbial contamination which could reduce hangtime.
Enteral Feeding Set:
Oxepa Nutrition Information:
Volume 8 fl oz 1000 mL Calories 355 1500 Protein 14.8 grams 62.7 grams Fat 22.2 grams 93.8 grams Carbohydrates 25 grams 105.3 grams L-Carnitine 43 mg 185 mg Taurine 75 mg 320 mg Water 186 grams 785 grams Vitamin A 2840 IU 11910 IU Beta-Carotene 1.2 mg 5.0 mg Vitamin D 100 IU 425 IU Vitamin E 75 IU 320 IU Vitamin K 20 mcg 85 mcg Vitamin C 205 mg 850 mg Vitamin B12 3.0 mcg 13 mcg Vitamin B6 1.0 mg 4.3 mg Niacin 10 mg 43 mg Biotin 150 mcg 635 mcg Pantothenic Acid 5 mg 22 mg Sodium 310 mg 1310 mg Sodium 13.5 mEq 57 mEq Potassium 465 mg 1960 mg Potassium 11.9 mEq 50.1 mEq Chloride 400 mg 1690 mg Chloride 11.3 mEq 47.7 mEq Calcium 250 mg 1060 mg Phosphorus 250 mg 1060 mg Magnesium 100 mg 425 mg Iodine 38 mcg 160 mcg Manganese 1.3 mg 5.3 mg Copper 0.50 mg 2.2 mg Iron 4.5 mg 20 mg Zinc 5.7 mg 24 mg Selenium 18 mcg 74 mcg Chromium 30 mcg 130 mcg Molybdenum 38 mcg 160 mcg
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Abbott Nutrition
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!