Customers Also Bought
Drive Medical Otter Bath Chair Bathing System is designed to give caretakers a safer and easier way to bathe children with special needs. The frame of these chairs are constructed of sturdy plastic and covered with standard or soft fabric that is removable for easy washing. The standard fabric is constructed of quick-drying vinyl covered nylon and the soft fabric is made from a polyester knit that is gentle on the skin. Soft fabric seats (OT 1000 SF, OT 2000 SF, OT 3000 SF) come with extra padding between the frame and fabric
Otter Pediatric Bathing Seat features a Uni-Bar across the back of the Otter shower chair, which allows for easy one-handed adjustments. The seat and back can be adjust to five different angles; 0°, 22 5°, 45°, 67 5° and 90°. The back rest is designed with head cushions that support the head and neck and provide added comfort. The head cushions are adjustable and may also be used as lateral body supports. These bath chairs have a weight capacity of 60 lbs (small), 120 lbs (medium), and 160 lbs (large).
Pediatric Otter Bath Chairs come with two positioning straps that are easily adjusted along length of the Otter bath seat frame to provide maximum comfort and support. For users who require more than two straps, Optional Lateral Supports (sold separately), can provide the additional reinforcement you desire. The seat includes two leg straps that help control abduction and adduction. The rubber tipped-legs of the Otter chair keep it from sliding within the tub. The frame folds smoothly and effortlessly folds flat for easy storage.
For individuals who prefer the shower to the bathtub, Drive medical also offers Optional Shower Stands w/Wheels that can easily convert your Otter Bath Chair from tub use to shower use.
What Comes in the Box
- Pre-assembled bathing system.
- Head Support/Lateral Support
- 2 Position Straps
- 2 Leg Straps
Maintenance and Care
- Inspect the frame regularly for damage and wear and tear.
- Check the fabric for holes or thin spots.
- Replace any damaged parts through an authorized Drive dealer.
- Wash every part of the chair with soap and water or a 10% bleach solution.
- (Never use pine oil cleaners).
- The fabric and straps are machine-washable.
- Fabric Care: Wash in cold water. Drip dry.
- Strap Care: Wash using warm water. Set the dryer to cool to dry.
- Avoid ironing.
- Use only with adult supervision.
- Adjust straps with care. Set to secure the child while allowing for the most comfort.
- Never leave the child unrestrained.
- Open the head strap in the back and then place it at your desired height.
- Press the hooks and loops together firmly to create a strong bond.
- Position the head cushions from side to side to fit.
- Pull the chest strap open and place it where you wish it to be.
- Press the hooks and loops together.
- Wrap each leg strap around one leg.
- Adjust legs by pulling the crossbar outward.
- Changing the seat angle: Pull on the Uni-Bar and position the seat.
- Lay the unit flat for storage.
How to Make Adjustments
Product Features and Benefits
- Removable, Washable Fabric
- Durable, Sturdy Chair Frame
- Uni-Bar for One-Handed Adjustments
- Adjustable at Five Different Angles
- Folds Flat for Easy Storage
- Adjustable Positioning Straps
- Leg Straps Control Abduction & Adduction
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Color: Green
- Fabric Options: Regular, Soft Fabric (SF)
- Size Options: Small, Medium, Large
- Product Numbers: OT 1000, OT 1000 SF (Small); OT 2000, OT 2000 SF (Medium); OT 3000, OT 3000 SF (Large)
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large
- Seat Height: 2 to 7 Inch
- Seat Width: 14.5 Inch
- Overall Width: 17 Inch
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Application: Pediatric Bath Chair
Seat Back Height
- Small: 18 Inches
- Medium: 25 Inches
- Large: 32 Inches
User Height Range
- Small: Up to 36 Inches
- Medium: 32-50 Inches
- Large: 46-68 Inches
- Small: 60 Pounds
- Medium: 120 Pounds
- Large: 160 Pounds
Otter Bathing System Video (1:09 minutes)
Otter Bath Chair Video (2:30 minutes)
- Additional Information
- Manuals & Documents
- Community Q&A