Other Peptamen product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ is a complete elemental liquid diet for children. Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ provides a specifically designed protein, lipid, vitamin and mineral profile for children ages 1 to 10 with impaired gastrointestinal function. Designed to be well tolerated by the most challenging pediatric patients, Peptamen Junior features the Prebio¹tic fiber blend Pewbio, which helps support a healthy gut microflora. It also features Proven Blend consisting of whey-based peptides, a unique antioxidant system and an optimal lipid blend. Useful for the dietary management of children with chronic diarrhea/malabsorption, growth failure, short-bowel syndrome, bowel transplants, cerebral palsy, Crohn's disease, HIV/AIDS and cystic fibrosis. Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ provides complete or supplemental nutrition support and may also be used as a dual feeding with TPN or as a transition diet from TPN. Peptamen diets contain ingredients; e.g., partially hydrolyzed whey protein from cow's milk that may not be appropriate for individuals with food allergies.
Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ Features and Benefits
- Enzymatically hydrolyzed 100% whey protein to facilitate gastic emptying.
- 3.6 g/L Prebio¹1™ soluble fiber blend helps promote the growth of beneficial bacteria to help support digestive health.
- Reformulated to meet the 2011 IOM recommendations for calcium & vitamin D.
- Contains CalciLock blend of essential nutrients to help support healthy bone development.
- High MCT level to decrease potential for fat malabsorption.
- Complete tube feeding or oral supplement.
- Appropriate for lactose intolerance* and gluten-free diets. (* Not for individuals with galactosemia)
Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ Specifications
- Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ Product Numbers: 9871616261.
- Size: 250 mL.
- Flavor: Vanilla.
- kcal/mL: 1.0.
- Caloric Distribution (% of kcal)
- Protein: 12%
- Carbohydrate: 54%
- Fat: 34%
- Protein Source: enzymatically hydrolyzed whey protein.
- NPC:N Ratio: 183:1.
- MCT:LCT Ratio: 60:40.
- n6:n3 Ratio: 4.8:1.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg water): 365.
- Renal Solute Load (mOsm/L): 255.
- Water: 84%
- Meets or exceeds 100% DRI's ▲ for protein and 25 key vitamins and minerals:
- 1-8 years 1000 mL.
- 9-13 years 1500 mL.
- Fiber Content (Source) 3.6 g/L (FOS, inulin)
- Packaging: Carton - Tetra Prisma® or SpikeRight® PLUS UltraPak® Bag.
- User: Pediatric, ages 1-13 years.
- Application: Pediatric Oral Nutrition Supplement/Tube Feeding Formula.
- Preparation: Ready-to-use.
- Preparation Type: Liquid.
- Manufacturer: Nestle.
- Brand: Peptamen Junior.
- UNSPSC Code: 42231804.
- HCPCS code: B4161.
Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ Nutritional Support
- Impaired GI function:
- Short bowel syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Crohn's disease
- Chronic diarrhea
- Delayed gastric emptying
- Growth failure
- Early enteral feeding
- Transition from TPN
- Bowel Function
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE
This product is a medical good intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. formula contains milk protein. Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ is not appropriate for individuals with cow's milk protein allergy.
Peptamen Junior with Prebio¹ Ingredients
Water, Sugar, Maltodextrin, Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (From Milk), Medium Chain Triglycerides (From Coconut and/or Palm Kernel Oil) and less than 2% of Cornstarch, Soybean Oil, Canola Oil, Fructooligosaccharides (Soluble Fiber), Calcium Phosphate, Soy Lecithin, Guar Gum, Inulin (Soluble Fiber From Chicory), Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Salt, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Choline Chloride, Calcium Citrate, Taurine, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Oxide, Inositol, L-Carnitine, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Niacinamide, Vitamin A Palmitate, Phytonadione, Vitamin D3, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Copper Sulfate, Beta Carotene, Citric Acid, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Vitamin B12, Sodium Selenate.
CalciLock™ is a combination of essential nutrients to help build and maintain strong bones. This nutrient blend includes calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, and vitamins D, C & K and is designed to help support healthy bone development.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Nestle Sub Brand Peptamen
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!
Based on your history
Arrived in a timely fashion.