MSUD Maxamum Orange Flavored Powder is an isoleucine-, leucine- and valine-free powdered medical food for the dietary management of maple syrup urine disease (MSUD) in older children and adults, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
MSUD Maxamum Orange Flavored Powder Features & Benefits:
- Isoleucine-, leucine- and valine-free.
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- MSUD Maxamum provides 40 g of protein equivalent per 100 g of powder.
- Pleasant orange flavored powder.
- Does not contain fat thereby allowing greater flexibility in modifying energy intake.
Directions for Preparation and Use
- Maxamum must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet protein and general nutrient requirements.
- The recommended intake of Maxamum will vary depending on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the individual. Intake should be adjusted to maintain normal growth and development. For accuracy, Maxamum should be weighed on a gram scale. The daily intake of Maxamum should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
- Maxamum is best served with meals. Make a paste of the prescribed amount of powder with a small volume of chilled water. Gradually add sufficient water to make the desired volume. It is recommended that Maxamum be prepared at a 1 to 7 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx ¼ cup) of powder plus 245 mL (approx. 8 fl oz) of water) and advanced to a 1 to 5 dilution (e.g. 35 g (approx ¼ cup) of powder plus 175 mL (approx. 6 fl oz) of water). These dilutions are guidelines only. Maxamum may be given in a more concentrated form (e.g. drink or paste). If so, water or diluted drinks should be offered at the same time. For best taste, consume immediately. Larger volumes of prepared drink mix should be refrigerated and used within 24 hours or preparation.
Measure Weight 1 Cup 145 g 1/2 Cup 70 g 1/4 Cup 35 g 1 Tbsp 9 g
Must only be consumed by individuals with proven maple syrup urine disease while under strict medical supervision. Not intended for children under nine years of age. Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition. Not for parenteral use.
Store unopened can at room temperature. Do not store at extreme temperatures. Once opened, reseal can and store in a cool, dry place (not in refrigerator) and use within one month.
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!