Customers Also Bought
Overview: What is Hibiclens?
What is 4% CHG Effective Against?
As a broad-spectrum cleanser, it kills bacteria, fungi, viruses, and yeast. Including the bacteria isolates below.1
Uses: Who Can Benefit from Hibiclens?
The world is full of germs and microorganisms waiting to attach to the body. Continued susceptibility makes Hibiclens liquid soap ideal for a variety of applications and uses because of its ongoing protection after washing.
- General Public
- Healthcare Workers
- Patients – Pre and Post-Operative
- Non-Ambulatory Patients
Regular handwashing is extremely important. This formula is effective on tough microorganisms with the ability to be gentle on the skin for daily use. A Hibiclens regimen is helpful when traveling, attending school, in a public setting, and particularly when it's cold and flu season.
Hibiclens Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser has been used for more than 40 years in the healthcare industry. The Hibiclens gallon is ideal to maintain supply in hospitals and clinics. It's also used as a surgical scrub to prepare the patient's skin to reduce infection at the surgical site.
Before and after surgery, washing with Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser is a common practice to eliminate bacteria. It prepares the skin before surgery and continues to give the skin the best line of defense when caring for a surgical site.
Gym equipment, contact with other athletes, and gym locker rooms expose athletes and gym-goers to staph. Washing daily with Hibiclens is a preventative measure in these tough environments.
The skin is the first line of defense making it critical to maintain its integrity by washing with this antisceptic. Pressure points on the body can irritate the skin leaving it susceptible to bacteria and infection. Daily washing with Hibiclens keeps patients feeling their best while providing a preventative protocol against infection.
General Hand or Wound Cleansing
- Begin by washing the hands and /or wound area with only water.
- Apply a small amount of the cleanser to cover the area and gently agitate to wash.
- Rinse thoroghly with water.
Healthcare Personnel Handwash/Surgical Scrub
- Wash the hands with water.
- Apply 5mL of cleanser into the hands and agitate vigorously for a minimm of 15 seconds.
- Rinse the hands and dry the hands thoroughly.
Daily Showering or Bathing
- Wash the hair first to completely remove any shampoo residue.
- Apply Hibiclens directly or with a wet washcloth.
- Step away from the shower stream to avoid splashing and to keep the product on longer.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Do not use soap after these steps.
- Dry the area with a clean towel.
- If using lotion, make sure it is compatible with CHG.
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Product Number: 57504, 57508, 57516, 57517, 57532, 57541, 57591
- Accessory Product Numbers: 59901, 59902, 59903, 59994, 59996
- Active Ingredient/Strength: Chlorhexidine Gluconate, 4%
- Volume Options: 4, 8, 16, 32 oz, 1 Gal, 15 mL packet
- Color: Pink
- Do not use if allergic to CHG
- Keep away from the face. When showering, avoid splashing it in the eyes, ears, and mouth.
- Keep out of the reach of children, if swallowed, contact medical help and Poison Control.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I wash my face with Hibiclens?
No, the manufacturer warns against washing the face, even if it is prior to a surgery located on the head. Do not use near the face, eyes, or ears.
Does the cleanser need to be rinsed off?
Yes, but not immediately. It is recommended to rub onto the skin for up to five minutes and then rinse off. Do not wash the hands with regular soap afterward or the CHG loses its effectiveness.
Will the cleanser kill yeast infection or ring worm?
Yes, CHG is a broad-spectrum cleanser designed to kill bacteria, fungi, viruses, and yeast and will kill fungus spores. It's intended for external use only.
Does it require a prescription?
No, it is an over the counter product.
Why is Hibiclens pink?
Pink is used for identification purposes in the medical industry to prevent mistakes in the operating room.
Is it safe for children to use?
Yes, but it's suggested it should be under the direction and supervision of an adult.
Manuals and Documents