Customers Also Bought
Mepore Transparent Film Dressing, by Molnlycke, is all-in-one dressing for clean wounds that have begun the healing process. It is a great solution for wounds that need to be observed without potentially exposing them to the external environment that could jeopardize the final healing stage.
Mepore Film can be used both as a primary and a secondary dressing. As a primary dressing, it can be applied directly to a wounds that are healing, including closed surgical wounds, superficial burns, and superficial pressure ulcers. It effectively provides a window for a caregiver to evaluate the final stages of healing. The film will both act as a barrier for external contaminants as well as containing any residual exudate. The film is also breathable to sustain a proper healing environment for the wound.
This transparent dressing is also useful as a secondary dressing. It can be used as a conformable fixation dressing to cover primary dressings like hydrogels, alginate dressings, and foam absorbers. The material bends and covers to compensate any unusual wound irregularities or body contours. The film barrier also protects against viruses, bacteria (microbes larger than 25nm) and fluid strike-through. The film backing peels easily, even when using surgical gloves.
Mepore Transparent Film Dressing Features and Benefits
- The dressing works both as a primary and secondary fixation dressing.
- The transparent window will allow one to observe the healing process.
- Effectively treats low exudate, healing wounds to help the final stages of healing.
- It is good for treating closed surgical wounds, superficial burns, and superficial pressure ulcers.
- The film is breathable to sustain a proper healing environment for the wound.
- As a secondary dressing, Mepore Film is effective covering primary dressings like hydrogels, alginate dressings, and foam dressings.
- The material makes it adaptable to unusual curves and body contours.
Mepore Transparent Film Dressing Specifications
- Product Numbers: 270600, 271500, 272500, 273000
- Manufacturer Number: Molnlycke
- Dressing Type: Transparent Film
- Sizes (in inches):
- 2.4 x 2.6
- 4 x 5
- 4 x 10
- 6 x 8.5
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A