Other Mepitel product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Mepitel Non-adherent Silicone Dressing, by Molnlycke, is a contact layer dressing that speeds healing of a wound and draws the exudate to allow even absorption from a secondary dressing.
This is an innovative gel sheeting dressing that will adhere to the skin and not the wound bed. The sheeting is made from Molylycke SafeTac Silicone technology that allows it to adhere to the peri-wound area and healthy skin and peel off with little discomfort. When placed on the wound, the gel will draw the exudate upward so the secondary absorbent material will easily take in the fluid. This gel sheeting promotes undisturbed wound healing, decreases risk of peri-wound maceration, and requires less dressing changes than usual.
Because Mepitel is transparent, the feature allows the caregiver to observe the condition of the wound without removing the silicone sheet. An evaluation of the wound can be made simply by removing the secondary absorbent dressing. Also, since the sheet is permeable, topical preparations can be applied onto the Mepitel gel sheet, directly over the wound to achieve the same effect as if the sheet was removed. The sheet can typically stay on a wound for as long as 14 days, or 5-7 days for skin graft wounds or burns with blisters.
Mepitel Nonadherent Silicone Dressing can be applied to the following wound types:
- Granulating wounds and wounds with compromised peri-wound skin
- Finger or toe injuries
- Second-degree burns
- Skin tears
- Skin grafts
- Radiation skin reactions
- Wounds on pediatric patients where pain management is a concern during dressing change.
Mepitel Non-adherent Silicone Dressing Features and Benefits
- The permeable silicone sheet contains exudate and draws it upward and evenly for easier absorption into the secondary dressing.
- The silicon is made of SafeTac technology so it will adhere to healthy skin but not to the wound itself.
- The adhesive is easy and painless to remove and will not irritate the surrounding skin.
- It treats a variety of different wounds.
- The transparency allows one to view the wound without removing the sheet itself.
- The sheet can be left on a wound for as long as two weeks.
- Mepitel helps reduce the number of dressing changes.
Mepitel Non-adherent Silicone Dressing Specifications
- Product Numbers: 290599, 290799, 291099, 292005
- Manufacturer: Molnlycke
- Dressing Type: Gel Sheet
- 2 x 3 Inch
- 3 x 4 Inch
- 4 x 7.2 Inch
- 8 x 12 Inch
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Molnlycke Sub Brand Mepitel
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsWill the Mepitel nonadherent dressings stay in place while showering?Question by: Marissa Buchanan on Jan 15, 2018 11:50:00 PMAs a non-adherent dressing this item is not meant to remain on the skin. For further inquiries, we recommend you contact the manufacturer.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on May 22, 2018 7:32:00 AM
Based on your history