Customers Also Bought
The Antistatic Compact Space Chamber Plus (160 mL) is designed for more effective medication delivery, allowing asthma and COPD patients to take control. The Compact Space Chamber Plus is antistatic with an elastic opening that fits any metered-dose inhaler. With different mask sizes, or the option to order without a mask, this device will optimize the user experience and provide autonomy when using an inhaler. If you are undergoing respiratory therapy, consider pairing with Smiths Medical's Sodium Chloride Inhalation Solution.
Compact Space Chamber Plus Overview
Cross Valve Technology
The Antistatic Space Chamber Plus uses a Cross Valve Technology that ensures very low resistance when inhaling medication and directs exhalation outside of the chamber. This design provides a one-way flow during inhalation for improved drug delivery and ease of use. This technology does the hard work, allowing the user a stress-free inhalation process.
The transparent polycarbonate chamber allows easy visualization of the easy visualization of valve movement and enables confirmation of correct inhaler operation and usage by patients. The polycarbonate material is a strong compound that complies with both ISO 10993-1 and USP Class VI for sterility and other medical standards.
Universal Inhaler BaseThe inhaler base has an elastic opening that fits perfectly with all metered-dose inhaler (MDI) brands. With this universal inhaler base, you won't have to worry about matching with your prescription. The base provides a secure fit and is easily removed for thorough cleaning.
Features and Benefits
- Cross Valve Technology Provides Low-Resistant, One-Way Flow
- Antistatic for Optimal Aerosol Medication Suspension
- Ready to Use Straight out of Package
- Transparent Chamber for Visualization of Valve Movement and Correct Use
- Universally Fits Metered Dose Inhalers (MDI)
- Multipurpose Mouthpiece can be Used with Standard 22 mm OD Fittings
- Compact Size for Convenient Handling and Storage
- Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex, BPA, PVC, or Phthalates
- MDI Can Be Stored in Chamber Body
- Dishwasher-Safe (See Instructions in Manuals and Documents Below)
Instructions for Use
- Remove the cap from your inhaler and shake it well.
- Push the inhaler into the base of the Space Chamber Plus.
- Put the mouthpiece between the lips and make an airtight seal, depress your inhaler, you will see a fine spray inside the Space Chamber Plus. Take a slow, deep breath through the mouth and hold for 5-10 seconds or continue to breathe in and out through the Space Chamber Plus for 4-6 breaths.
- Wait at least one minute before repeating step 3. Only use one dose from the inhaler at a time.
- If a face mask is needed, attach to the Space Chamber Plus and follow steps 1-4. Ensure the connection is secure at all times. Apply to face and check for an effective seal.
- Remove the base by placing your thumb in the hole then pull and twist at the same time. There is no need to dismantle the mouthpiece.
- Wash all parts in warm water with a mild liquid detergent.
- Do not rinse, as detergent minimizes static charge.
- Shake out excess water and allow to air dry. Do not rub dry.
- Firmly replace base once the Space Chamber Plus is dry
- Please note that the Space Chamber Plus can be cleaned in a dishwasher but must be primed again as described overleaf. If it is not clear to you how to clean your Space Chamber Plus please ask your healthcare professional for help.
- Manufacturer: Medical Developments
- Item Numbers: SPAPTISLUS, SPAPTISMUS, SPAPTISSUS, SPAPTISUS
- Volume: 160 mL
- Length: 14.5 cm
- Chamber Material: Polycarbonate
- Cross Valve Material: Silicone
- Inhaler Base Material: Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Mask Material: Silicone
- Mask Options: Small, Medium, Large
- Mask Sizing: Small: Age 0 – 1; Medium: Age 1 – 5; Large: Age 5 – Adult
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Dishwasher-Safe: Yes
- Warranty: 1 Year
Manuals and Documents
8 Advantages of Space Chamber Plus (4:17 minutes)
Operating Instructions: Antistatic Space Chamber Plus (3:11 minutes)
Cleaning Instructions: Antistatic Space Chamber Plus (2:27 minutes)
- Additional Information