Air mattress covers, by Span America, are made with numerous safety features to enhance the therapeutic effect of the specialized. The cover for the PressureGuard® CFT® air mattress includes such features to ultimately help prevent or treat pressure ulcers that can occur with some patients who are bedridden or need prolong bed rest.
The PressureGuard® CFT® Mattress Cover stretches over the underlying foam and air bladder system. Like a fitted sheet, this cover will keep the patient from direct contact with the mattress material, but also has bacteriostatic property to keep infection low. The air bed cover is tear resistant, easy to clean and replaceable.
The PressureGuard® CFT® mattress is designed to alternate pressures and has raised edges to help prevent the user from falls or slipping off when sitting on the mattress edge. The pleated design of the cover allows a full fit of the mattress given the raised edges and volume changes.
The sheet also has three zones, which Span America refers to as "sheer transfer zones," where they allow the user to glide easily when the bed has the head elevated and when they need to return to the original position. The sheer transfer zones are located beneath the points of highest pressure: upper back, buttocks and heels. The zones will also minimize irritation with everyday body movement by allowing the torso, arms and legs, smooth glide. These glide features are especially helpful in reducing sheer when the user sits up and rotates the buttocks to get off the bed mattress.
The PressureGuard® CFT® mattress covers are moisture-resistant, and can be cleaned and disinfected with everyday cleaners. These air mattress covers also provide a level of protection to prevent the air bladders from puncture forces. They come equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve that meets federal safety compliance. The covers have a width of either 35 or 48 inches and come in the following lengths: 75, 80, and 84 inches (the 48 inch wide sheet is only available in an 80 inch length).
PressureGuard® CFT® Cover Features and Benefits
- The pleated design allows room for volume changes and the raised edge design.
- The cover provides a comfortable barrier that protects the inner mattress foam, yet is soft against the body.
- The cover fabric prevents the sheering forces during movement.
- With less sheer force, the skin is less prone to irritation and ulcers.
- The cover is fluidproof and bacteriostatic.
- The mattress cover can be cleaned and disinfected like a normal.
- The cover sheets have a fire guard sleeve built-in.
Bariatric PressureGuard® APM Cover Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes: 35 W Inch X 75 Length Inch, 35 Inch W X 80 Inch L, 35 Inch W X 84 Inch L, 48 Inch W x 80 Inch L
- For Use with the PressureGuard® CFT® Air Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: C1-375CF-29, C1-380CF29, C1-384CF-29, and C1-348CF-29
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsIs there a specific product to clean the mattress cover? How often should the cover be cleaned? Any specific product to keep patient's skin dry?Question by: Beverly Love on Jan 23, 2018 8:10:00 AMWe do not have proper cleaning instructions available; it's best to contact the manufacturer directly.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Jun 5, 2018 7:52:00 AM