Air mattress covers are an added layer of comfort that provides a barrier between the patient's skin and the underlying bed foam. The PressureGuard® Mattress Cover, by Span America, is a luxuriously soft cover for the phenomenally designed APM2 Air Mattress model. This sheet covers all the many pressure-redistributing support cells within the foam top layer that rests above the air bed.
The PressureGuard® Mattress Cover is an anti-microbial, bi-directional, stretch cover. The main thrust of the cover's design is to be another aid in the overall aim to prevent "sheering", or stretching and pulling of the skin when the bed elevates and retracts. This feature ultimately is to reduce skin irritation that leads to pressure ulcers.
The pull of the fabric is lessened by the design and materials used in the sheet. The sheet has three zones, called "sheer transfer zones" by Span America, where they allow the user to glide easily when the bed has the head elevated and when they need to return to the original position. The sheer transfer zones are located beneath the points of highest pressure: upper back, buttocks, and heels. The zones will also minimize irritation with everyday body movement by allowing the torso, arms and legs, smooth glide and gentle contact. These glide features are especially helpful in reducing sheer when the user sits up and rotates the buttocks to get off the bed mattress.
The PressureGuard® Mattress Covers are moisture-resistant, and can be cleaned and disinfected with everyday cleaners. They also provide a level of protection to prevent the air bladders from puncture forces. They come equipped with an inner fire barrier sleeve that meets federal safety compliance. They are sized 35 or 42 inches in width and come in the following lengths: 75, 80, and 84 inches.
PressureGuard® Mattress Cover Features and Benefits
- The cover provides a comfortable barrier that protects the inner foam and rests softly against the body.
- The fabric prevents the sheering forces during movement.
- With less sheer force, the skin is less prone to irritation and ulcers.
- They have three zones that target high pressure areas that allow the body to glide softly when moving.
- The mattress cover can be cleaned and disinfected like a normal.
- They have a fire guard sleeve built in.
PressureGuard® Mattress Cover Specifications
- Manufacturer: Span America
- Sizes Come 35 or 42 Inch Width with 75, 76, 80, or 84 Inch Lengths
- For Use with APM2 Mattress
- Manufacturer Numbers: C1-375AP2-29, C1-380AP2-29, C1-2291329, C1-3715629, and C1-384AP2-29
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Span America
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!