Customers Also Bought
Lophlex is a low volume Medical Food designed for managing phenylketonuria or PKU. Manufactured by Nutricia, Lophlex is a powdered formula that is phenylalanine-free. This Dietary Management food for PKU is used for older children and adults. Lophlex may also be used for phenylketonuria dietary management for pregnant women and for women of child-bearing age.
Nutricia Lophlex Features & Benefits
- Contains a balanced mixture of all other essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Lophlex provides 10 grams of protein equivalent per sachet.
- Available in tropical flavors—berry or orange.
- Dietary management of phenylketonuria.
- For children over 9 years of age, adults, and pregnant women.
- Low volume.
- Low calorie.
- Nutricia Lophlex Product Numbers: 12167, 12169.
- Size: 14.3 grams.
- Container: sachet.
- Calories Per Serving: 41.
- Application: Powdered Medical Food for PKU.
- User: Adults and children over 9 years of age.
- Manufacturer: Nutricia.
- Brand: Lophlex.
- UNSPSC Code: 51191900.
- HCOPCS Code: B4155.
L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Proline, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Valine, Tricalcium Phosphate, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Isoleucine, L-Threonine, Magnesium Hydrogen Phosphate, L-Glutamine, L-Serine, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, Citric Acid, L-Cystine, Choline Bitartrate, L-Tryptophan, Calcium Phosphate, L-Methionine, Artificial Flavor, Guar Gum, Soy Lecithin, L-Ascorbic Acid, M-Inositol, Acesulfame Potassium, Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, DL Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium-D-Pantothenate, Copper Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Artificial Color: Beet Red, Potassium Iodide, Chromium Chloride, Sodium Molybdate, Phylloquinone, D-Biotin, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin.
Orange flavored version also contains 2% less of artificial color (Beta Carotene).
Directions for Preparation and Use
Lophlex must be consumed in conjunction with natural protein, fluid and other nutrients in quantities prescribed by a physician or dietitian to meet phenylalanine and general nutritional requirements.
Lophlex is intended for individuals over 4 years of age, including pregnant women and women of child-bearing age.
Intake of Lophlex is dependent on the age, bodyweight and medical condition of the individual. Lophlex should be divided into equal portions and distributed throughout the day.
Lophlex is a ready-to-drink PKU medical food/formula. Shake vigorously before consuming. Lophlex tastes best when served chilled.
Use only under the direction of a physician or dietitian.
- Must only be consumed by individuals with proven phenylketonuria while under strict medical supervision.
- Not intended for infants.
- Not suitable as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for parenteral use.
- Store at room temperature away from sunlight.
- Additional Information