Customers Also Bought
LoFric Catheter is a Straight Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter manufactured by Astra Tech. The stiffness of the LoFric Catheter has been carefully designed to facilitate insertion yet rule out the risk of it bending in narrow passages, or perforating or damaging the urethra. This Hydrophilic Catheter is very easy to use. Simply open the Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter package, fill it with water and wait 30 seconds, then it's ready to use. The LoFric Straight Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter is a comfortable catheter to insert and remove. The surface layer of LoFric catheters has a hydrophilic coating that binds water. The LoFric Catheter provides a very wet and slippery surface that has up to 95% lower friction than other catheters. The hydrophilic surface means that the catheter has low friction when inserted. The diagram to the right displays the thick water layer that is created when the catheter is immersed in water. The water layer is retained throughout the entire catheterization procedure, protecting the urethra from irritating friction.
LoFric Classic Straight Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter Indications
- Emptying of the urinary bladder, at home or in a clinical setting.
- Requirement for intermittent catheterization.
LoFric Classic Straight Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter Features & Benefits
- Wet and slippery surface for easy insertion.
- Comfortable catheter to insert and remove.
- Provides a very wet and slippery surface with up to 95% lower friction than other catheters.
Astra Tech LoFric Classic Straight Hydrophilic Intermittent Catheter Specifications
- LoFric Catheter Product Numbers: 990640, 990840, 991040.
- Size Options: 6, 8 or 10 French.
- Length: 12"
- Type Catheter: Straight Intermittent Catheter.
- Design: Comfortable Hydrophilic Catheter.
- Packaging: Individual peel-open pack.
- LoFric Catheter Use Instructions by Astra Tech.
- Hydrophilic surface: Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) and salt (NaCl).
- Catheter Tube Construction: Medical grade PVC.
- HCPCS code: A4351.
- Additional Information