Customers Also Bought
It only takes 15 to 30 minutes of light therapy per day with the Litebook Edge to energize and lift your mood. The Litebook Edge helps individuals who suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, or who need a pick-me-up without the use of caffeine or medication. It's designed to mimic sunshine by emitting intense white light that's equivalent to 10,000 LUX at 20 to 24 inches from the face. There are no harmful UV rays. It uses long-lasting LED technology with two brightness settings. The affects of white light are far reaching and is used to shift your mood or shift the body clock to stay awake longer when adjusting to a different time zone, when traveling or when working the graveyard shift. The Litebook Edge is easy to use with a handy timer that automatically turns off after 30 minutes.
The LED technology mimics "action spectrum" which are key peak wavelengths of sunlight. Research demonstrates that the effectiveness of light therapy is based more upon the action spectrum over the amount of LUX intensity. Users found they needed 15 to 30 minutes per day with the Litebook Edge or the Litebook Advantage over larger, 10,000 LUX units because of the action spectrum.
The Litebook Edge has a thin, lightweight, portable design that allows users to take it with them on the go. It can be powered with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, AC adapter, or plugged in with four international plug adapter options. A small stand on the back can be pulled out and used to prop the device freeing users' hands so they can enjoy the benefits of light therapy while reading, eating, applying make-up, or working at a computer.
The Litebook Edge also comes with amber-tinted Blue Light Blocking Glasses. Individuals who are in front of electronics before going to bed have trouble getting to sleep. This is due to the blue wavelength of light emitted from electronics that tricks the brain into thinking it's daytime and therefore disrupts the body's natural sleep-wake cycles. Using these tinted glasses will counteract this problem and allow you to get the rest you need.
Features and Benefits:
- Requires Less Time
- Built-in Timer
- Two Brightness Settings
- Counteracts SAD
- Promotes Alertness
- Light Energizes and Invigorates
- Different Power Options
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery
- LED charging indicator
- No Harmful UV
- Long-life LED Technology
- Blue Light Blocking Glasses Included
- Manufacturer: The Litebook Company Ltd.
- Item Number: LB-4000
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb
- Length: 5.3 Inches
- Width: 2.8 Inches
- Depth: .6 Inch
- Casing: Durable ABS Plastic
- Lights: LED
- Two Brightness Settings
- Emits Light Equivalent to 10,000 LUX
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 110-240v AC adapter
- AC Adapter, 4 International Plug Adapters, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
- Power: 2.5 Watts
- Voltage: 5V
- DC/Amperes: 0.5A
- Use only as directed.
- Due to the intensity of the white light, DO NOT STARE DIRECTLY AT THE LIGHT SOURCE. It is NOT harmful to glance at the light for a few seconds at a time.
- Do not use near water and or heat appliances.
- If you have a history of eye disease including, but not limited to, macular degeneration, have undergone laser corrective eye surgery in the past 30 days, or if you are currently taking any medications including certain antibiotics which render you sensitive to light, consult with your ophthalmologist or health care provider before using this product.
- Consult a medical professional before using this product if you have been diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder, depression, Bipolar Disorder, mood or sleep disorders or if you are taking medication for the treatment of depression and/or mood disorders (including but not limited to: fluoxetine (Prozac®), fluvoxamine (Luvox®), paroxetine (Paxil®), sertraline (Zoloft®), venlafaxine (Effexor®), nefazodone (Serzone®), (Wellbutrin® and Zyban®). Light therapy may change the effect of these types of medications.
- Occasionally mild side-effects may occur which usually resolve after a few days of use, including headaches or a stinging sensation in the eyes. If these or any other adverse effects not listed do not resolve after three days, discontinue use of The Litebook Edge and consult your health care provider. On very rare occasions and usually only with over-use, less than one percent of users may experience mania, periods of abnormally and persistently elevated, expansive or irritated mood. If this occurs, discontinue using The Litebook Edge immediately.
Litebook Advantage Video (1.23 Min)
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Litebook Company Ltd.
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!