Customers Also Bought
HydroTac Adhesive Foam Dressing, by Hartmann USA, is a line of foam wound dressings with three specific layers to provide an optimum healing environment for chronic wounds. These layers are designed to absorb, maintain moisture within the wound bed, and to allow exudate to evaporate -- ultimately a balance between moist and dry.
The HydroTac Foam starts with the AquaClear Gel at the bottom that works in conjunction with the absorbent foam above. An oozing wound is effectively soaked up by the dressing with the gel allowing the exudate to pass through. While the foam absorbs the exudate, the gel will moisturize the wound bed to keep it from drying and prevent granulation -- with a proper moist environment, it can heal properly with less interference and delay.
Chronic wounds are difficult because the balance of wet and dry is hard to achieve. A wound with heavy exudate often disturbs granulation and enhances the risk of accumulating more oozing that can lead to serious wound infection and labor-intensive wound treatments. While on the other hand, dry wounds often restrict cell efficiency that can often slow, or possibly stop, proper healing. HydroTac foam dressings provide a moist environment with the gel layer resting against the wound bed, while excessive exudate is removed with the foam layer. The top polymer layer allows the exudate moisture to evaporate while at the same time blocking bacteria from entering. It is a wound ecosystem management system that has proven its effectiveness time and time again and will help those with wounds that cannot seem to close up properly.
HydroTac Adhesive Foam Dressings come in multiple sizes to treat a range of different wound shapes and are simple to apply -- just peel off the backing and stick on. Each is individually wrapped and sterile.
HydroTac Adhesive Foam Dressings Features and Benefits
- The dressings include the AquaGel contact layer that keeps the wound environment moist.
- The absorbing foam will wick excessive exudate.
- The backing on the dressing is air permeable to allow the exudate to evaporate yet is also bacteria-proof.
- The dressings will effectively treat chronic wounds.
- It helps keep dry wounds sufficiently moist and prevents skin maceration.
- The dressings handle all levels of exudate.
- The adhesive allows dressing to remain secure during application.
- They are comfortable to wear and will not stick to wounds making them painless to remove.
HydroTac Adhesive Foam Dressing Specifications
- Product Numbers: 685810, 685815, 685817, 685821, 685822
- Manufacturer: Hartmann USA
- 3 x 3 Inches
- 5 x 5 Inches
- 6 x 6 inches
- 6 x 8 Inches
- 8 x 8 Inches
- Latex Free
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsMy doctor wrote a prescription for the 3x3cm patches. Is it possible to use this with your company?Question by: Caroline Marion on Aug 22, 2017 5:41:00 PMThis item does not require a prescription before purchasing. You can buy this item at any time.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Aug 29, 2017 8:43:00 AM