Customers Also Bought
The Health o Meter 2101KL Digital Platform Scale is a digital clinical scale. This scale is designed with raised arms to create stability for users and to increase patient safety while weight is accurately measured. This product’s high-contrast color display and an on-screen help menu make this clinical digital platform scale a user-friendly choice. A pivoting display monitor allows health professionals to view results from where they are standing and to conceal the results from others for patient privacy.
The use of a USB or optional Health o meter Pelstar wireless technology allows this scale to be connected to EMR software, a computer, or other electronic devices. Connecting this scale digitally as opposed to copying measurements manually may reduce the transfer of data errors. For measurement precision, this scale also features Everlock technology. Everlock allows physicians to permanently lock the scale into KG or LB, which may reduce potential mistakes and increase patient safety.
How to Assemble the Health o Meter 2101KL Digital Platform Scale
Check for any damage that may have occurred during shipping before assembling this product. Contact Health o meter immediately if any damage is found.
NOTE: The manufacturer recommends a two-person assembly of this item.
CAUTION: Do not insert display monitor batteries until the monitor has been mounted on the scale.
WARNING: Handle carefully! Load cells may be permanently damaged by dropping the scale.
Remove items from the box and place the scale base on a flat, dry surface. Locate the load cell cable (bottom, right side) and the center handrail. In the scale base, thread the load cell cable through the center of the right handrail mounting hole.
Position the center handrail over the right and left mounting holes on the scale base. Avoid pinching the cable. Place the eight M8 washers onto the eight M8 bolts (parts F and B, respectively). Use a 5mm Allen wrench to lightly tighten the bolts into the platform mounting holes. Avoid over-tightening the bolts.
Align the right side of the handrails with the platform’s mounting holes; then place the last eight M8 bolts into the platform mounting holes. Lightly tighten the bolts into the platform mounting holes. Again, avoid over-tightening the bolts.
On the front right and left sides of the center handrail, align the left and right side handrails with the holes. Use two M10 bolts (Part A). On the center back of the handrail, insert the bolts into the right and left holes. Tighten the M10 bolts with the included 8mm Allen wrench. Starting from the top of the platform, fully tighten all of the platform bolts.
Gently place the scale face down on the floor by pulling on the side handrails. Feed the load cell cable through the metal shield protector.
Locate the load cell port on the back of the platform. Plug the load cell cable into the port. Pull any excess cable through the top of the center handrail.
Hand tighten the four black feet into the underside of the platform. After completely tightening the feet, back the feet out 1 1/2 full turns to allow proper load cell operation. Carefully tilt the scale back into a standing position. To level the scale, adjust the scale’s feet. Ensure that the feet are not completely tightened.
Pick up the display monitor. Align the tab slots on the back of the display monitor with the monitor support tabs. Slide the slots on the display monitor onto the bracket tabs.
Find the holes on the back of the display head. Align them with the four mounting holes on the monitor support. Fasten the display head with a Phillips screwdriver and the four included screws (part E). Find the plastic bracket cover. Locate the load cell cable. Clip this cable into the divot in the middle of the cover. Align the cover over the monitor support. Use a Philips screwdriver and the two remaining screws (part E) to attach the bracket cover to the display monitor bracket.
On the back of the rear display monitor, locate the load cell port. Plug the load cell cable into the port.
Attach the plastic display covers (part G) to the front and back of the scale.
Find the handle. Align the handle alongside the ends of the side handrails. Using the included 4mm Allen wrench and the two medium M6 bolts (part C), attach the handle to the center handrail. Ensure that the handle’s “Warning” label is upward facing. Assembly is now complete.
Optional: If using the power adapter, use a Philips screwdriver and the two included sheet metal screws (part D) to attach the adapter holder to the handrail.
How to Clean and Maintain the Health o Meter Clinical Scale
CAUTION: Before cleaning the unit, ensure that the power source is disconnected from the scale. Warning: Do not use abrasive materials to clean this item. Do not spray or pour fluids directly onto the scale. Do not submerge the scale in any type of liquid.
Clean this product regularly to ensure that this item continues working properly and maintains a long life.
Step 1: Obtain three cloths or rags. Use 70% / 30% isopropyl alcohol solution, a 1-5% hydrogen peroxide solution, or a mild soap and water solution to clean the Health o Meter Clinical Scale.
Step 2: Wipe the scale down with one of the recommended solutions.
Step 3: Wipe the scale down again with a damp rag wetted with just water.
Step 4: Use the last rag to dry off the scale completely. Ensure that it is completely dry to avoid residue built-up.
- Auto Zero
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- LB / KG Conversion
- LB / KG Lock Out
- Audible / Mute Sound Option
- Time / Date
- Auto Off
- Variable Auto Off Time
- Everlock® Technology
Features and Benefits
- Digital Scale With High Contrast Color Display is Easy to Read
- Designed with Raised Arms for Patient Stability
- Pivoting Display Monitor
- Low-Profile Platform
- On-Screen Help Menu
- Can Be Used in Conjunction with an EMR, Computer, and Other Electronic Devices
- Everlock Technology
- Easy-Slide Aluminum Height Rod Construction
- Height Rod Head Piece Withstands Frequent Use
- Durable for Frequent Use in Any Hospital, Primary Care or Rehab Facility
- Manufacturer: Health o Meter
- Product Number: 2101KL, 2101KLHR
- Application: Clinical Scale
- Weight Capacity: 1,000 lb / 454 kg
- Resolution: 0.2 lb (0.1 kg)
- Footprint Width: 31 in (787 mm)
- Footprint Depth: 27 in (686 mm)
- Footprint Height: 50 in (1270 mm)
- Platform Width: 26 in (660 mm)
- Platform Depth: 22 in (559 mm)
- Platform Height: 2 3/8 in (60 mm)
- Product Weight: 66 lb (30 kg)
- Display Size: 1.5 in
- Accuracy 0 – 200 lb (0 – 91 kg): +/- 0.2 lb (0.1 kg)
- Accuracy 200 – 1,000 lb (91 – 454 kg): 0.15%
- Height Rod: Optional Height Rod STROD for 2101KL & 2101KG
- Measuring Range: 2 - 90 Inches (6 - 230cm)
- Graduation: 1/16 Inch (1mm)
- Number of Wheels: Two
- Warranty: 2 Year (Limited)
- Connectivity Options: USB, Optional Pelstar Wireless Technology
- Power Source Options: 6 D Batteries (Batteries Not Included) or 100 – 240 Volt Adapter (Included)
- Health o meter Professional Adapter Model Number: ADPT30
- Input: 100 – 240 Volt – 50/60Hz, 500mA
- Output: 9.0 Volt --- 0.5A
- Adapter Model Number: UE15WCP1-090050SPA
- Part Number: UE160714HKKK1-P
- Operating Temperatures: 50° F – 95° F (10° – 35° C)
- Storage Temperatures: 30° F – 125° F (0° – 50° C)
- Humidity Maximum: 85% RH
- ISO13485:2016 Certified: Yes
- Scale Disposal (Environmental): Dispose properly as electronic waste in accordance with applicable local, regional, and national guidelines
Manuals and Documents
- Product Spec Sheet contains product specifications.
- Spec Sheet for Strod contains product specifications for optional height bar.
- Product User Manual contains product care and use instructions.
- Product Calibration Guide contains calibration instructions.
Health o meter Professional Scales Company Video (3:05 minutes)
- Additional Information