Full Electric Hospital Beds for Home Use
What Is a Full Electric Bed?A full electric hospital bed for home use features electric motor controls that raise the head, foot and height of the bed frame with a push of a button. This type of adjustable electric bed is ideal for anyone who needs a hospital style bed for use at home, hospital or nursing home. A fully electric hospital bed for home use is equipped with back and foot adjustment to allow for a complete anatomically correct sleep surface, and utilizes a motor to move up and down. These full electric hospital beds allow patients to dial in their desired bed height without the aid of a caretaker, making transfers to and from a bed easier. Vitality Medical also carries semi electric hospital beds. Be sure to visit the mattresses page to find compatible mattresses.
Weight Weight Capacity Bed Height Maximum Bed Angle Trendelenburg Warranty 220 lbs 500 lbs 7 to 30 inches 65 degrees Trendelenburg Position, Reverse Trendelenburg Position 5 Year Warranty
Be sure to visit the mattresses page to find compatible mattresses.
How to Choose a Full Electric Hospital BedThere are several different manufacturers that offer a wide variety of full electric hospital beds. Some of our most popular manufacturers include:
- Drive Medical: Drive Medical is one of the fastest growing global distributors of long-lasting medical equipment. Drive Medical carries a wide variety of differentbeds, including heavy-duty electric beds and low hospital beds.
- Invacare: Invacare is a global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of innovative home and long-term care medical products. Invacare beds are adjustable beds that offer recovering patients to control the bed position while controlling more of the environment around them even though they may be confined to a hospital bed. Invacare offers both heavy duty and regular full electric beds.
- Graham-Field: Graham-Field is one of the world's leading manufacturer's of medical products, and a major manufacturer of full electric hospital beds. Graham-Field carries a diverse selection of full electric beds, including heavy-duty and bariatric beds.
Are Electric Hospital Beds the Right Choice for Me?There are several different factors that can help you choose a hospital bed. Some factors to help you determine if a full electric hospital bed package is right for you include:
- Mobility: If you have severely limited mobility, then a full electric hospital bed might be the right choice for you. These beds only require the push of a button to raise up and down, which is ideal for people with severely limited mobility.
- Caretaker Help: If you don't have a caretaker or someone who can raise and lower a hospital bed for you, then an electric bed will be essential for you.
- Comfort: If you prefer a bed that is hassle free and easy to use, then a electric bed will certainly be a great choice for you. These types of beds eliminate the physical labor involved with other hospital beds, such as semi-electric or manual beds.
The advantages and disadvantages offered by a fully electric hospital bed can be viewed at Hospital Bed Comparisons.