Customers Also Bought
What is the Freedom CPAP Battery Kit?
The Freedom CPAP Battery Kit is a universal rechargeable battery kit that works with most CPAP Respiratory Therapy devices. This item is a compact and portable option that is perfect for camping, vacation, boating, and fishing trips along with other on-the-go uses. It is also a backup power option for the event of a power outage and other instances where power outlets are not available. This battery is FFA-cleared and so is allowed on airplanes. Handily, this item is multipurpose as it also charges most cell phones and tablets. The Freedom CPAP battery kit works with most CPAP Machines including the Respironics DreamStation, Dreamstation Go, M, and System One, the ResMed AirSense 10, AirMini, S8, S9, and the DeVilbiss ItelliPAP and IntelliPAP 2, and many more.
This Freedom travel battery pack for CPAP machines features a digital display that lets users check the battery's power with just a glance. In addition, it has industrial-grade hardware, a 12-volt current, and a long battery life that averages about 15 hours of power. In some scenarios, it may last up to four nights. For safety, protection, and durability, this item also has an internal overheating protection mechanism and an aluminum alloy encasement. A pigtail cord is included so users can charge two batteries simultaneously for extra backup security.
Other optional charging elements are available, such as a solar charging bad and an on-the-go automobile charger.
Complementary Products and Accessories
Compatible PAP Units
- 3B Medical Luna: About 1 night of charge per battery; a 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required
- 3B RESmart: About 1 night of charge per battery; a 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required
- Apex Medical XT: About 1 night of charge per battery; 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required
- iCH Series: About 1 night of charge per battery; 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required
- Devilbiss IntelliPAP 1: About 1 - 3 nights of power per battery; no additional requirements; .
- Fisher & Paykel ICON: Less than 1 night of charge per battery; 150W sine wave power inverter required.
- HDM Z1: About 1 night of charge per battery; a150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required.
- ResMed Air 10: About 1-2 nights of power per battery; requires 24V Power Converter; .
- ResMed S9ResMed S9 Elite: About 1 - 2 nights of power per battery; requires 24V Power Converter.
- ResMed S8 Series: About 1 night of power per battery; requires 150V sine wave power inverter
- Respironics DreamStation: Requires 12V Power Adapter
- Respironics M: About 1 - 3 nights of power per battery; no additional requirements.
- Respironics System One: About 1 - 3 nights of power per battery; no Additional Requirements
- Transcend: 150W Sine Wave Power Inverter required.
- Most other PAP Systems: About 1 night of power per battery.
- Freedom CPAP Power Accessories:
- Philips DreamStation Go Travel Case: A medium-sized travel kit to carry a the DreamStation Go and a companion battery.
- Respironics PAP Carrying Case: A travel case for Respironics devices and accessories.
How to Use the Freedom Travel CPAP Battery
This device is intended for use as a backup CPAP machine battery for cases of power outages or lack of access to a power supply. It can also be used to power most tablets and cell phones.
General Computability Information
Different PAP devices have different direct current and voltage requirements. This device is unique because it comes with adapters that make compatible with most PEP devices. Some PAPs, however, will also require a device-specific connection component that is not included with this item and must be purchased separately. See the complementary products and accessories section above for more information.
- Charge the battery completely before its first use.
- See the user manual at the bottom of this page for use instructions for each specific PAP device.
How to Turn the Battery Off and On
This is a smart battery that takes care of this process for you when using AC/DC power. The Freedom battery turns on and off automatically whenever it is connected or disconnected from a PAP machine's DC Out jack. This design prevents power from being wasted when the battery is not in use.
If the device is instead connected via USB port, simply press the charge level indicator button once to begin powering the battery. Again, the device will turn off on its own once disconnected to preserve battery power.
Charging One Battery
- Connect the AC adapter into an AC compatible power outlet.
- Plug the AC adapter into the battery’s DC IN power jack.
Charging Two Batteries at Once
- Plug the AC adapter into a compatible wall outlet.
- Connect the DC pigtail cord into the AC adapter.
- Hook up the AC adapter to both of the batteries via their DC jacks.
If the digital display battery indicator does not display the battery level and the screen flashes, disconnect the item from its power source. Next, push the charge level indicator button. The display will light up. Finally, reconnect to power and the battery should start charging properly again. If the battery is completely dead, this is likely to happen and will do so until the battery has some level of charge.
- Push the charge level indicator button to see this device's power level. The digital display screen will indicate the battery's charge level.
- The battery may get warm as it charges. This is not an issue.
- It is best practice to unplug the battery from its power source after the battery is fully charged.
Control Panel Diagram
How to Care for this Item
- Always store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place.
- The best and safest temperature storage range lay between 60° ° F and 80° ° F.
- Do not place in an area where this item will be exposed to direct sunlight or sever heat.
- Never store in temperatures below -4° ° F or above 104° °> F.
- Charge the battery to capacity pre-storage. Charge the battery at least once every 3 months for best lifespan and performance.
- Recycle this item at an appropriate facility once its life has reached an end.
Tips and Tricks
- Mask leaks and heated tubing, heated humidification, and high pressure (18cm/H20+) PAP settings may significantly reduce the the Freedom's overnight life. Check to make sure the CPAP Mask in use is a good fit and does not leak and adjust heat and pressure settings to extend the battery’s life.
- If the battery stops working, press and hold the charge level indicator button for 10 seconds or longer. This will reset the battery.
- If the battery starts and then stops working right away, check the PAP's amperage requirements. If they are over 8A, this battery may not work for that device.
Product Safety Information
- Only use the power supplies supplied by the manufacturer. Others may cause permanent damage and create a dangerous outcome.
- Inspect this item and its power supply accessories for damage regularly. If anything becomes damaged, discontinue use.
- Never disassemble the item or try to repair it. This item's internal mechanisms are not user serviceable.
- Never place in liquid or a moist environment.
- Never place in high heat environments. Do not set near heaters, incinerators, open flames, flammable surfaces, etc.
- Never expose to impact of any kind.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a CPAP machine that runs on batteries?
The Freedom battery gives users the ability to use most CPAP users the ability to use their very own CPAP machine with an external battery. Some travel CPAP machines can be purchased with their own personal overnight batteries, such as the Philips DreamStation Go.
How do I power my CPAP when camping?
The Freedom CPAP Battery allows users to use their CPAP while camping, fishing, boating, vacationing, and more.
How long does it take to charge this device? How is the battery life?
This item takes about four hours to fully charge. It has an average of 15 hours and a maximum of four nights of battery life (depending on the CPAP device it is used in).
Can this device be charged in a car?
Yes, this device has car and solar charging options available.
Can this item be taken on an airplane?
Yes, this battery meets FFA standards for air travel and can be taken on an airplane.
Where do you carry batteries on a plane?
Batteries, such as this CPAP battery, can be transported via plane as a carry-on item. No spare lithium-ion battery is allowed for air transport via checked baggage.
- Manufacturer: Battery Power Solutions
- Brand: Freedom
- Item Numbers: BPSFD1DS, BPSFD1INV, BPSFD1KIT, BPSFD1RES, BPSFD2DS, BPSFD2INV, BPSFD2KIT, BPSFD2RES, BPSFREEDOM
- Application: External CPAP Power
- Type: Lithium Battery
- Compatibility: Universal (works with most, but not all, units)
- Rechargeable: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 97.68 W
- Charge Time: 4 Hours
- Run Time: About 15 Hours (Device Depending)
- Life Span: 400 - 500 Charges
- Power Supply Included: Yes
- Charging Options: AC Adapter, Solar Panel, Auto Charge Cable
- Dual Battery Optional: Yes
- USB Port: Yes
- Chargeable In Vehicle: Yes
- Air Travel Appropriate: Yes
- Output Voltage: 12V DC
- Output Current: 8A Max
- Length: 7.5 Inch
- Width: 4.8 Inch
- Height: 0.8 Inch
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
- Warranty: 1-Year
Manuals and Documents
- Additional Information