Other Flowtron product(s)
Customers Also Bought
Flowtron Excel DVT Pump is a lightweight compression pump for Deep Vein Thromboisis (DVT) therapy. This compression pump is specially designed to serve as a bedside DVT pump. The Flowtron Excel DVT Pump aids in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) through a compression system that consists of a DVT pump and DVT sleeves. Manufactured by Huntleigh, the Flowtron Excel Pump provides calf, thigh or foot compression for DVT therapy which increases blood velocity in the deep veins, reducing stasis and stimulating fibrinolysis to prevent and break down clots.
Flowtron Excel Compression Pumps attach to special DVT Garment Sleeves that are ordered separately to match the need and size of the patient. There are calf garments, thigh garments, and foot garments to select from. Longer length compression tubing and replacement battery packs, battery chargers can also be purchased at Flowtron DVT Accessories.
Huntleigh Flowtron Excel DVT Pump Features & Benefits
- Offers calf and thigh compression.
- Dual and single leg mode operation.
- Audible and visual alarm indicators.
- Suitable for DVT prophylaxix treatments.
- Suitable for montherapy.
- Clinically proven effectiveness.
- Reduce the incidence of Deep Vein Thromboisis.
Huntleigh Flowtron Excel DVT Pump Specifications
- Huntleigh Flowtron Excel DVT Pump Product Number: 547001.
- Width: 6".
- Height: 5-1/4"
- Depth: 10-3/4"
- Weight: 6 lbs.
- Power: 230V, 50HZ, 35 VA Max.
- Pressure Range: 30 to 60 mmHG (±4 mmHG).
- Suggested Therapeutic Setting: 40 mmHg.
- Manufacturer: Huntleigh.
- Brand: Flowtron Excel.
- HCPCS Code: K0193.
Huntleigh Flowtron Excel DVT Pump Additional Information
- Flowtron Excel DVT Pump Brochure highlights the features and benefits of this DBT compression pump.
- Flowtron Excel DVT Pump 547001 User Manual offers clinical applications, set up instructions, maintenance and troubleshooting information.
- Spencer FA, Lessard D, Emery C, Reed G, Goldberg RJ. Venous thromboembolism in the outpatient setting. Arch. Intern. Med. 2007;167:1471–1475.
- International Consensus Guidelines, International Angiology Vol.32-No 2 118-119.
- Morris RJ, Woodcock JP (2004). Evidenced based compression: prevention of stasis and deep vein thrombosis. Annals of Surgery; 239(2): 162-171.
- Kumar S, Walker M. The effects of intermittent pneumatic compression on the arterial and venous system of the lower limb: a review. Journal of Tissue Viability. 2002; 12(2): 58-65.
- Morris RJ, Giddings JC, Ralis HM, Jennings GM, Davies DA et al (2006). The influence of inflation rate on the hematologic and hemodynamic effects of intermittent pneumatic compression for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis. Journal of Vascular Surgery; 44(5): 1039-1045.
- Westrich GH, Specht LM, Sharrock NE, Windsor RE, Sculco TP, Haas SB, Trombley JF, Peterson M. Venous hemodynamics after total knee arthroplasty: evaluation of active dorsal to plantar flexion and several mechanical compression devices. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1998 Nov; 80(6):1057-66.
- Flam E, Berry S, Coyle A, Dardik H, Raab L. Blood-flow augmentation of intermittent pneumatic compression systems used for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis prior to surgery. Am J Surg. 1996;171:312-5.
- Pidala MJ, Donovan DL, Kepley RF. A prospective study on intermittent pneumatic compression in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing total hip or total knee replacement. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1992 Jul;175(1):47-51.
- Ginzburg E, Cohn SM, Lopez J, Jackowski J, Brown M, Hameed SM. Randomized clinical trial of intermittent pneumatic compression and low molecular weight heparin in trauma. Br J Surg. 2003 Nov;90(11):1338-44.
- Stone MH, Limb D, Campbell P, Stead D, Culleton G. A comparison of intermittent calf compression and enoxaparin for thromboprophylaxis in total hip replacement. A pilot study. Int Orthop. 1996;20(6):367-9.
- Proctor MD, Greenfield LJ, Wakefield TW, Zajkowski PJ. A clinical comparison of pneumatic compression devices: the basis for selection. J Vasc Surg. 2001 Sep;34(3):459-63.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) (2009). Clinical Guideline CG92 venous thromboembolism: reducing the risk of venous thromboembolism (deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism) in patients admitted to hospital. www.nice.org.uk.
- Vanek VW. Meta-analysis of effectiveness of intermittent pneumatic compression devices with a comparison of thigh-high to knee-high sleeves. Am Surg. 1998 Nov;64(11):1050-8.
- Colwell CW, Froimson MI, Mont MA, Ritter MA, Trousdale RT, Buehler KC, Spitzer A, Donaldson TK, Padgett DE. Thrombosis prevention after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized trial comparing a mobile compression device with low-molecular-weight heparin. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010 Mar;92(3):527-35.
- Clarke Moloney M, Lyons GM, Breen P, Burke PE, Grace PA. Haemodynamic study examining the response of venous blood flow to electrical stimulation of the gastrocnemius muscle in patients with chronic venous disease. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006 Mar; 31(3): 300-5.
- Stryker Sustainability Solutions. A Review of Pneumatic Compression Systems: The Science Behind Restep.
- Andrews B, Sommerville K, Austin S, Wilson N, Browse NL. Effect of foot compression on the velocity and volume of blood flow in the deep veins. Br. J. Surg. 1993 Feb;80(2):198-200.
- Delis KT, Husmann MJ, Szendro G, Peters NS, Wolfe JHN, Mansfield AO. Haemodynamic effect of intermittent pneumatic compression of the leg after infrainguinal arterial bypass grafting. Br J Surg. 2004 Apr;91(4):429-34.
- Westrich GH, Specht LM, Sharrock NE, Sculco TP, Salvati EA, Pellicci PM, Trombley JF, Peterson M. Pneumatic compression hemodynamics in total hip arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000 Mar;(372):180-91.
DVT Pump Comparison Chart
Flowtron Trio Flowtron Excel Flowtron Universal Size 133 x 152 x 275 mm 3.3 x 15.2 x 17.5 cm 23 x 27 x 15 cm Weight 2.7 kg / 6 lbs 2.7 kg / 6 lbs 3.9 kg / 8.6 lbs Power 230v, 50Hz 230v, 50Hz, 15VA 90-265v, 50-60Hz, 25 VA Pressure Range 40-100 mmHg 30-60mmHg Default settings Suggest Setting 40mmHg for calf or thigh
80mmHg for foot
40mmHg 40mmHg for calf or thigh
130mmHg for foot
Cycle Time 12 sec inflation
48 sec deflation
12 sec inflation
48 sec deflation
Calf or Thigh: 12.5 sec inflation, 47.5 seconds deflation
Foot: 3 sec inflation, 27 sec deflation
- Additional Information
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsIs this a new unit? I do not want pre-owned,Question by: Alex P on Mar 9, 2017 7:13:32 PMEach purchase is for a new pump. We do not sell this item used.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Mar 10, 2017 12:45:00 PMGood day,
I am Greg from Malaysia searching for flowtron excel (DVT) system for my client.
Kindly advice for the nearest supplier in my country.
GregQuestion by: Gregory on Feb 17, 2017 9:54:55 PMWe do not have suppliers over seas. We can; however, ship the item to other countries.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Apr 6, 2017 9:05:00 AMI have secondary lymphodema from lymph nodes removed from the abdomen 34 years ago.
Didn't find out till 10 years ago.
Walk, exercise but whole legs are affected, fluid build up visible top of calf below knee, ankles swell, thighs etc.
Will this machine help?Question by: Pam on May 25, 2019 10:31:00 PMThis is a question you would need to discuss with a medical professional for your individual needs. It does require a prescription for purchase. If you have any questions regarding the device, we are more than happy to help answer any questions you may have.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Jun 3, 2019 2:01:00 PMWhat is the warranty on the machine? Are the orange hoses included?Question by: Corinne B on Jul 16, 2019 2:53:00 PMWe recommend contacting the manufacturer of the product for specific information.Answer by: Jessica Smith (Admin) on Jul 16, 2019 3:29:00 PMDoes this machine come with the sleeves? if not, which ones go with this unit? thank youQuestion by: SHELBY on Jan 21, 2016 6:01:47 PMSleeves are not included with this item. There are pump accessories visible at the bottom of the product page. A few are available at the following pages: vitalitymedical.com/huntleigh-flowtron-hydroven-3-garments-and-inserts.html, vitalitymedical.com/huntleigh-flowtron-fpr-lymphedema-pump-sleeves-and-inserts.html.Answer by: Shain Gillet (Admin) on Oct 11, 2016 4:00:00 PM
Based on your history