Drive Medical Premium Seat Riser with Removable Arms - 12402, 12403
- Fast Delivery
- Easy Returns
|12403||Elongated Seat w/Removable Arms||Each||
|12402||Standard Seat w/Removable Arms||Each||
People with problems sitting or standing due to weakness in the knees and hips, and post-surgery patients who don't have the strength to sit or stand easily.Why they love it:
The riser provides enough extra height to make both sitting and standing easier. It's also easy to keep clean.
A raised toilet seat is often a necessity for those who have mobility needs. The Drive Medical Premium Seat Riser with Removable Arms (Drive Medical 12402) takes it further by adding safety handles that are fastened to the side of the seat. The handles and Raised Toilet Seat will make the toilet more accessible for those who have difficulty sitting down and getting up.
This mobility aid is made of sturdy, tubular aluminum and rigid plastic. The arms have a cushiony grip to prevent any slipping. Drive Medical Seat Riser with Removable Arms can be taken off without the use of tools. They are held by a simple, yet strong mechanism that involves a brass push button that allows the arms to slide on and off. The button will pop through the positioning hole when the arms are locked and ready for use.
The Drive Medical 12403 toilet seat is constructed of molded, heavy-duty plastic that keeps the product light as well as durable and easy to clean. The construction is so sound that, for the user's peace of mind, Drive gives the product a limited lifetime warranty.
Who Would Find this Product Useful?
Raised toilet seats eliminate some of the distance that must be made to sit down on a toilet. This gives users less room for error and can reduce the chance of a slip and fall. Because this seat also includes optional arm rails with grips, it can provide further support for those who need it. Users with the following conditions often have a higher fall risk and may find this product useful:
- Age-Related Reduced Mobility
- Blood Pressure Irregularities
- Cerebellar Dysfunction
- Cognitive Impairment
- Medication Side Effects
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle Spasticity or Rigidity
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Musculoskeletal Issues
- Parkinson's Disease
- Sensory Deficits
- Stroke Recovery
- Vision Impairment
- FabSafe Bedside Fall Mat: A bedside mat that cushions at risk users in the case that they fall out of bed. This product is made from high quality foam and comes in both standard and antimicrobial versions.
- Posey Fall Management Socks: Soft terry cloth socks with non-slip bottoms. These socks' anti-skid pads create traction to help prevent slips and falls. This product is washable and latex-free.
- Posey Cotton Patterned Gait Belt: These patient transfer belts come in 54 and 72 inch sizes and a wide variety of patterns and colors. When used properly, gait belts may reduce the risk of patient falls and injuries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this fit an elongate toilet seat?
Yes, an elongated version is available. Simply select this version at checkout.
Does this product come with a toilet seat or a lid?
No, this product does not come with a lid or seat; it is a seat riser. However, it can be used with the toilet seat already on your toilet.
Can his product easily be put on and taken back off again for a visitor?
Yes, this product can be easily removed and replaced. No tools are required for its installation.
How does this product attach to the toilet?
This product sits underneath a regular toilet seat. Both are bolted from the top to the toilet's bolt holes for securement.
What is the distance between the two handle bars?
There is 19.75 inches between the two handles?
How tall is this seat riser?
This item is 3.5 inches tall.
Can you use a bidet with a raised toilet seat?
These two items typically are not designed to be used together and therefor it is not recommended, but this may depend on the bidet's design.
Drive Medical - Premium Seat Rizer with Removable Arms (1:26 minutes)
- Manufacturer Numbers: 12402 and 12403 (for Elongated Toilets)
- Width of Arms: 19.75 Inch
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Width 13.75 Inch
- Depth 17 Inch
- Height 3.5 Inch
- Width 13.75 Inch
- Depth 19.25 Inch
- Height 3.5 Inch H
This product includes a lifetime limited warranty
Manuals and Documents
- Catalog Page contains product details.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
- Mayo Clinic. Evaluating patients for fall risk. 2018.