WARNING: This product may contain chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. This product complies with all state and federal safety standards.
The Drive Home Bed Assist Handle (Drive Medical 15064) provides support to safely get in and out of bed. It comes in two pieces and easily installs on either side of the bed between the box spring and mattress without any tools. The included extra-long safety strap wraps around a single, twin, double, queen or king size bed box spring. This ensures the bar stays in place and is secure for utmost safety. This design doesn't take outside bed space and keeps the handle close to the user which is very helpful for Bed Assist Rails since its used by individuals who are unstable due to surgery or illness as well as the elderly.
The handle is made of powder coated steel that's slip resistant, wears well and is easy to clean and maintain. The Drive Bed Assist Handle is designed with two lower crossbars to give a variety of hand positions to accommodate all adult users. Because it's lightweight and easy to install it's also easy to dismantle to take with you on trips to always have the assistance you need.
The Drive 15064 comes with one Bed Assist Handle in a retail package with limited lifetime warranty.
Drive Medical also manufacturers similar products like the Adjustable Height Bed Rail with non-slip foam.
How does the Bed Assist Handle work?
One part of the frame extends into the bed between the mattress and the boxsprings. The weight of the mattress helps hold the Drive bed assist handle in place.
A built-in strap wraps around the mattress and snaps together. The strap adjusts to accommodate most bed sizes. Cinching the band down secures the device in place.
The other part of the frame loops upward, forming a sturdy handle. A snap-in bar serves as a second handle to provide you with your choice of height. When you are getting in or out of bed, grasp one of the bars for assistance with transferring.
On which beds will it work?
- *Warning - the Bed Handle will not work with air mattresses or on water beds.
- Open the box and remove all parts.
- Take the mattress off of the bed.
- Snap the handle into the base by pushing the locking pins in and inserting the handle into the tubes.
- Set the base support onto the box springs.
- Open the strap and string it out so that it lies flat.
- Push the frame so that there will be less than a 2.36 gap between the handle and the mattress.
- Alternatively, you can leave a gap larger than 9-1/4 inches.
- Position the handle so that the strap extends beyond the bed on both sides.
- Replace the mattress.
- Pull the strap around the mattress and buckle it.
- Tighten by pulling on the loose end.
Features and Benefits
- Assists with Getting in and out of Bed
- Tool-Free Assembly
- Alarm Comes with 9V Battery
- Pad is Pressure Sensitive to Detect Patient
- Easy to Set Up
- Lightweight and Portable
- Easy to Clean and Maintain
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Product Numbers: 15064
- Rail Width: 11.5 Inches
- Rail Height: 20.75 Inches
- Rail Depth: 21.5 Inches
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs.
- Application: Bedside Assist
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Packaging: Retail Box
- Bed Sizes: Works with All Sizes
- HCPCS Code: E0315
Manuals and Documents