Customers Also Bought
The Drive Home Bed Assist Handle (Drive RTLL5063-ADJ) is a lay or sit to stand Mobility Aid for users who have trouble getting into and out of bed without assistance. It is particularly useful for users who are at risk of falling when engaged in these transitions. This item is height adjustable and fits most standard home beds and can conveniently be used on either side of a bed.
The Drive Medical Bed Assist Handle is made for advanced stability, support, and safety. A long horizontal support bar with foam mattress grips slides under the mattress to support the grab bar. Four rubber-tipped feet give added support to ensure the bar does not slip or slide out from under the mattress. Both the grab bar and the legs are height adjustable so users can find the perfect and safest height for them. Handlebars also include rubber grips so to help prevent the user's hands from slipping as they sit or stand. Made from durable chrome-coated steel, this Bed Rail is reliable and will last for years to come.
This product is designed to make users' and their caregivers' lives easy. It is easy to install and no tools are required for its assembly. Once it is assembled, it can be folded flat for easy storage and transportation. In addition, This Drive bed assist handle's smooth, steel body can be easily wiped down, cleaned, and disinfected to maintain user hygiene.
It is a good idea to also purchase a Bedside Fall Protection Mat to complement the assist rail as added protection for users who have a fall risk. These padded mats help protect the assist rail user and reduce injury in the case of a fall next to bed.
Who Will Find this Product Useful?
Users with limited mobility and who need an extra helping hand to get out of bed may find this product helpful. Users should be able to grip the handle bar of this assist handle with at least one hand and stand with assistance. Users with the following conditions may fall under those categories:
- Age-Related Reduced Mobility
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Parkinson's Disease
- Stroke Recovery
- And Many More
The Home Bed Assist Handle is Easy to Install
Simply remove the mattress from the bed and the handle from its box; then follow the following instructions:
- Use the locking pins to connect the base support frame and the end cross brace. Replace the two locking collars. The locking pins should go all the way through the tubes so their ends come out of the hole's opposite sides.
- Connect the base support frame and the padded hand brace by snapping the hand brace's lock buttons into the base support's corresponding holes; then do the same for the legs. Height adjustments can be made after assembly is complete.
- Set up the assembled base support frame over the bed so the horizontal support lays over the top of the box spring or bed frame. Ensure that the grab bar is placed so the user will easily be able to use it when getting into and out of bed.
- Place the mattress back onto the bed and over the horizontal support.
- Take the locking collars back off of the bed rail.
- Use the push pins to adjust the height of the handle and the legs to heights that are sensible for the user. Once the handle height is adjusted to an appropriate height, put the locking collars back on the rail. Ensure that the legs are resting stably on the floor before use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the lowest and highest heights the handle can be adjusted to?
The handle height ranges between 13 and 17 inches.
How high does the box spring or mattress need to be for this to be a good fit?
The legs can be extended between 16.5 and 20.5 inches. The distance from the floor to the top of box spring needs to minimum of 15.5 inches.
How long is the horizontal under-mattress support?
The part of the bar that rests beneath the mattress can be adjusted to lengths between 33 and 44 inches.
Do the legs create a tripping hazard?
The legs are designed to sit snuggly against the mattress to reduce the risk of trips and falls.
- EZ Stand N Go: A stand assist aid for couches and chairs. This item has a horizontal bar that slides beneath couch or chair cushions and two grip handles.
- Drive OverBed Table: A rolling over-bed table with a non-tilt, laminate top. This item can be used for eating or as a workspace.
- Comfort Touch Bed Wedge: An ergonomic, memory foam bed wedge that slopes gradually to comfortably support the upper body. A great option for users who have to lie in bed for long periods of time. This item can be used both while lying down and in an upright position.
- Drive Side Helper Assist Rail: This assist rail attaches to the bottom of a mattress frame instead of sliding under the mattress. Four legs create stability.
- Independence Assist Rail Bed Table: A two-in-one bed assist rail and 360 degree swivel bedside table. This item's frame is made from a durable steel. It also includes a pouch organizer to store personal items.
- Stander Security Pole: A floor to ceiling standing assist pole with an optional grab bar. This item can be mounted almost anywhere needed, including next to toilets and couches and comes in both black and white color options.
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Item Number: RTL15063-ADJ
- Application: Standing Aid
- Type: Bed Safety Handle
- Style: T-Shaped (Slides Under Mattress)
- Color: White and Black
- Material: Chrome-Plated Steel
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs
- Weight: 10 lbs
- Depth: 32.75 Inch
- Height: 13.5 Inch
- Width: 19.75 Inch
Manuals and Documents
- Catalog Page contains product details.
- Product Manual contains use and care instructions.
This product comes with a lifetime limited warranty. This warranty only includes the steel frame and does not cover rubber or foam grips. It also does not cover instances of owner neglect, negligence, wear-and-tear, or misuse of the frame.
This product may contain chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. This product complies with all state and federal safety standards.
Prevent Falls BEFORE they Happen! (2:45 minutes)
- Additional Information