Medihoney Fenestrated HCS dressing from Derma Sciences uses 63% Leptospermum Honey for treating chronic wounds. This dressing combines the benefits of Leptospermum Honey with the handling capability of Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP). technology. Absorbs 2.5 times the amount of fluid of leading hydrocolloids dressings. Its cooling and soothing actions begins upon application. The Derma Sciences 31816 is a non-adhesive dressing that is designed to absorb light to moderate amounts of exudate.
Medihoney is available in five separate options. These other options are displayed below:
- Medihoney Gel with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Paste with 100% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney HCS with 63% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Calcium Alginate with 95% Active Leptospermum Honey
- Medihoney Honeycolloid with 80% Active Leptospermum Honey
Medihoney Selection Chart
Product Features & Benefits
- Promotes autolytic debridement.
- Supports chronic wound healing.
- Lowers pH in the wound bed to promote healing.
- Provides high osmolarity to draw fluid to the wound surface.
- Softens and liquifies slough and eschar for easy removal.
- Assist with autolytic debridement.
- Cleanses away necrotic tissue.
- Promotes wound healing process.
- Maintains effectiveness up to 7 days.
- Less frequent dressing changes.
- Serves both acute and chronic wounds.
- Product Numbers: 31618.
- Size: 1.8 x 1.8 Inch.
- 63% Active Leptospermum Honey (Manuka Honey).
- Application: Dry to moderately exuding superficial to partial thickness wounds.
- HCPCS Code: A4649.
- Manufacturer: Derma Sciences.
- Brand: Medihoney.
Manuals and Documents
- Product Sell Sheet contains selection options for wound care.
- Debridement Sell Sheet offers features and benefits for product use in wound debridement.
- Debridement Treatment contains detailed information for using this product for wound debridement.
- Palliative Wound Care information for using Leptospermum honey.
- Patient Guide offers information for patients considering this product for chronic wound care.
- Protocol Guide for using this wound treatment.
Medihoney Dressing Review Video (2:30 minutes)
Product Guidelines for Removal (0:31 Minutes)
Just as it is important to properly apply our dressings, it is important to remove the dressings correctly. When changing or removing a dressing be sure to remove the dressing gently. If removal is a concern due to fragile skin or other clinical concern apply saline or water to moisten the dressing or the dressing edges to gently remove the dressing and always discard the old dressing properly according to your facility's guideline.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Derma Sciences
- Community Q&A
Product QuestionsNo questions yet. Be the first to ask the question!